iPhone To all dissing iOS7 GM

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by zerozoneice, Sep 11, 2013.

1. zerozoneice macrumors regular

get over it, it will be released as it is with the devices next week and work continues as we speak on 7.0.1.

simple as that.

2. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

People who understand software (not necessarily developers, but those who know what software is) should/will not complain. There is no such thing as perfect software.iOS 6.0 wasn't perfect, that's why I'm currently running 6.1.4. The same goes for iOS 7. 7.0.1 will probably be seeded a few days or a couple of weeks after 7.0 is available for download.

3. SakuraSuki macrumors 6502

No one expecting perfect software and certain no one expecting Apple can short out all bugs. Because it isn't possible. But that is being said, iOS 7 should be and needs be better, especially on iPad.

You guys ask people shut up because it was on beta stage, now you guys ask people shut up again because there will be future improvement.

4. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

It is software. I am certainly not telling anyone to shut up. People should discuss bugs In iOS and tell Apple about them, BUT, people should understand that perfect software doesn't exist. And yes, there will be future improvements. iOS 7.0.1 is just around the corner. Meanwhile, if you don't find iOS 7 suitable for you, you can easily downgrade to iOS 6.x.x (It isn't out for general public yet) and wait for those bugs to be ironed out.

5. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

Agreed. There are too many glaring bugs and missteps in the interface on an ipad 4. Things are laggy all over. Clean install is not solving the issues.

6. SakuraSuki macrumors 6502

But eh problem is that you cannot downgrade after 18th when everybody updated to iOS 7. People will be less harsh toward Apple if they CAN downgrade. If Apple forbidden user downgrade and telling users to accept whatever you got, then people for sure will yell out,

Plus nobody is expecting a perfect software, but it need to meet certain standard to call a final release. Yes, there is future update coming and it will make iOS 7 even better, but keep mind first impression is very important. When Windows Vista came out, it was horrible. But after service pack 2, it was good. However, people still view Vista as failure.

7. abshole765 macrumors 6502a

8. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

That's why I'm telling you to downgrade before the 18th, as iOS 7 won't be available until then. iOS 6 is the current iOS (for the next 7 days).
    Second, what you need to understand is that not everyone is having these issues with iOS 7. It could perfectly stable for other users.

9. SakuraSuki macrumors 6502

I probably will downgrade. But the problem is majority of people won't update until 18th. For them there is no chance to restore back. That is what I am saying. People will hold Apple in higher standard because Apple forbidden user downgrade for whatever reason,

10. Tmelon macrumors 6502a

This really didn't need a thread. iOS 7 has been running perfectly on my 2 year old 4S. To all those having problems with the GM I recommend a clean install.

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

Except that it's not.

----------

Doesn't seem to do it for everyone. And there are still glitches and bugs for everyone no matter what. Nothing is perfect of course, but that doesn't mean issues shouldn't be discussed.

12. madsci954 macrumors 68030

I'll admit I'm one of those "it's a beta" people, but since this is GM now, I'm not gonna cry that. And I see there are more issues on iPads than iPhones.

Really, only thing you can do is report the bugs to Apple and hope the live release is updated with fixes. Or maybe iPad iOS 7 will be delayed until next month. We will see. Have some patience and keep reporting.

13. abshole765 macrumors 6502a

It's still missing basic functions.

14. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Exactly, or they care enough to keep harassing you why you use it.

15. Cougarcat macrumors 604

They didn't mean it in the literal sense. :rolleyes:

16. C DM macrumors Westmere

That doesn't change the fact that it's not beta anymore and it's what everyone is getting as the released version of iOS 7.

17. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Very much so and it still crashes quite often.

18. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

What do you consider basic functions?

19. C DM macrumors Westmere

the fact that it might still "feel like" a beta doesn't change the fact that it isn't and that it's what we are getting as the actual released version.

20. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Sad, but true. :(

21. MikeDTyke macrumors 6502a

22. abshole765 macrumors 6502a

No 'Forward' in Notes? No Shuffle All in a Genre? No unlock sound but there's a lock sound (Really, who was the genius that thought of that)? 'Classic' tones, but some aren't even the original tones. I haven't found a 'repeat' for alerts either.

Text size is still all over the place.

Which is unimpressive.

23. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

That's why we are "dissing" it. :(

24. C DM macrumors Westmere

Repeat is there for Messages (as was the case before).

25. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Very unimpressive to be exact. And the fact SHUFFLE from GENRE is missing still annoys the hell out of me, actually the entire new music app does... :mad:

----------

I bet you have :apple: sticker(s) on your car, don't you?