To all the complainers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brazil5376, Oct 4, 2011.

1. brazil5376 macrumors member

Apple gave you 9 out of 10 in upgrades you wanted. The only thing you didn't get was a bigger screen...big deal. If that was a deal breaker from the beginning iphone4 wouldn't have sold well. This phone will outsell the iphone4 and Apple will make billions. Under the hood and software wise the phone is a beast. Stop with the Android envy. You'll get your larger screen next cycle for sure. Now I know why Android lovers hate you guys so much....IT'S JUST A PHONE !!!!!

FYI...I currently use an EVO and am switching to get the 4s only because I have an ipad and MBP and it would be a nice fit to have everything sync with ios5

2. PurpleHeart macrumors member

no they gave 1/10 - a sort of given too. the cpu. the 6 month old cpu that we've already seen on the ipad

3. brazil5376 thread starter macrumors member

did you really expect a quad core...really?

you got a dual core that powers a tablet to power a phone and you're complaining.

You must be one hard person to please

4. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

What are the other 9 things you expected?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

6. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

Speaking of which weren't you waiting to see if the next generation was going to be worth it before leaving your iPhone 3G? I may have you mixed with someone else. But if I'm right.. What do you think of the 4s?

7. nfl46 macrumors 603

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

And I won't.

8. mountains macrumors regular

Quad cores are probably out of the picture, but there are 1.5 GHz dual cores on the market.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No I have an i4.
    And I'm due for an upgrade so I'm going for the 4S.
    I like it.

10. ihav0frnds macrumors 6502

11. Schweitzer macrumors regular

You like it then you buy it.

Thread and forum unnecessary.

Simple.

12. brazil5376 thread starter macrumors member

um...did you see the demonstration with the A5...I think it's sufficient for any game that's out there. It only has 7 times the processing power. Some people just can't be pleased...smdh

13. cipher29 macrumors regular

My BlackBerry 9900 has HSPA+ LOL

Also has NFC..

14. mountains macrumors regular

You buy into marketing a little too easily.

15. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I wouldn't have minded a new form factor (preferably slimmer) but otherwise I'm satisfied with the new iPhone.

16. brazil5376 thread starter macrumors member

I'm not the one crying about not having a 1.5 ghz processor

17. mountains macrumors regular

You're right, why should I expect that Apple attempt to be on-par with other manufacturers? It's our right to purchase inferior technology, isn't it?

18. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

19. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

The 4s HAS HSPA+

20. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Gotta love threads started to complain about complaining!

9/10? Really?

New, non glass-brick, form factor?

Larger screen?

Modern widescreen aspect ratio? I like how the mirroring demo left nice black bars on the sides on their HD display. Kind of like how the phone has about 30% wasted real estate on its face. GET WITH THE TIMES!

New, usable maps app w/actual nav?

Maybe the ability to put at least some widgets on a homescreen? Be able to customize the icon layout?

Instead, they try to improve one of the best features of the phone already in the camera. Give us "Assisitant", that I admit, seems useful in situations...mostly ease of adding location based reminders and hands free while driving. Using Siri to check the weather, get a definition, etc, is absurd. And then call it a day.

21. brodas macrumors regular

I think they gave us 7/10 and I hope we get a completely redesign iPhone on June with a 4-4.3 and LTE

22. lilo777 macrumors 603

WiMax, LTE, HSPA+, Dual Band Wifi, NFC, 1GB RAM, memory card support, all aluminum case, OLED.

23. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

Specs don't mean crap, pretty much academic.

A phone is all about experience. The iPhone is plenty fast for what it needs to do. Its not like you are going to stare at the hourglass or beach ball every time you launch an app on the iPhone 4S compared to any other manufacturers phone.

Thats why Apple doesn't like to even post specs, because THEY DONT MATTER. And its just bait for fanboys to argue that a 1.5 Ghz phone in a plastic shell running an un-optimized OS is a better product than a well engineered and beautiful looking phone that runs smooth as silk.

As if a few extra megahertz was the ONLY thing that mattered in a phone. Screw the OS, the build quality, the ecosystem, the customer service. MEGAHURTS are where it's at!!!