To all those unhappy with iPhone 6 screen sizes

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by BullittMustang, Oct 27, 2014.

1. BullittMustang macrumors 6502a

I have seen lots of posts lately about people complaining about the size of their screen. The 4.7 is too small. The 5.5 is too big. People returning them, exchanging them, and then going back to the original one! Well here's something that might work for you. The Samsung GALAXY S5. It is right in between the iPhone sizes at 5.1. I have had every iphone since they came out. I decided to skip the 6 this time and go with the Samsung. I have no regrets. It's an awesome phone. Great screen, great camera, lots of cool features. Perfect size! I am not saying I will never go back to Apple, they make a great product, but for now I am happy. Just my 2 cents in case anyone was thinking about it.
    Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S® 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

2. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

IMO an iPhone at 5.0-5.2" would have been the perfect sweet spot. Or at least reduce the bezels on the 5.5 model. The 4.7" seems a little small compared to other flagship phones and 6 Plus is a little clunky (I have one and I really like it but it would be much improved with a smaller footprint). But I'm not willing to leave iOS ecosystem (yet) so I am making do. It could be so much better, though, with optimized software, more RAM, and smaller footprint.

3. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

This will actually catch a lot of people op. Pretty superb bait.

4. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I would sooner walk over hot coals before I use a Samsung product. I would rather eat razor blades than use a Google product.

5. mercuryjones macrumors 6502a

Nice try, Samsung. Nice try.

6. its Dale macrumors 6502

I had the Galaxy S4 after 2 months with the iPhone 5. Although i liked that phone at the time, I would NEVER go back to Samsung. I used it a good year before getting an HTC One M8 and eventually you just start realizing that nothing compares to Apple's physical and software combo. Im happy with my iPhone 6 and iOS 8, since they added Quick Reply and custom keyboards. Just miss the IR Blaster when im too lazy to get the Direct TV or A/C remote.

7. fotomarc macrumors regular

fotomarc

To all those unhappy with iPhone 6 screen sizes

Love my 6 Plus! Wouldn't trade it for a Samsung ever! I think the OP should be posting this crap on a Android forum.

In fact I compared my 6 Plus to my sons S5 and it looked much nicer when looking at websites. He switched sides before the new releases by the way!

8. The-Real-Deal82, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014

The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Choosing a phone isn't just about screen size, so the advice here is great as long as you don't mind changing the whole OS. I came from a Samsung so I'm not in too much of a hurry to go back, but I would never say never. The iPhone 6 is a great product and a good size IMO.

9. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Me too. Absolutely love my 6. Wouldn't trade it for a Samsung ever. I've had a samsung phone (Ativ S) and a flat screen. Both went bad and it was an absolute nightmare to get them fixed. Never again will I use Samsung.

10. noobinator macrumors 601

I'm sure that everyone on the fence about 6 vs 6 Plus will now just to the Galaxy S5 based on this awesome post!

11. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

well said. i always keep this in my mind - Apple is USA, Samsung is Korea. so what product will you buy? i have had iphone since 3, and have macbook pro. not a fanboy but would like to help our economy any way i could.

12. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

That's extreme. Get a little perspective mate...

13. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Will I'm not based in the US. I can tell you right now, I have no qualms supporting Apple. I dislike Samsung and their despicable practises.

14. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

Imagine the nightmare of having a Samsung Washer and Dryer. 2 Call Centers later just to get to the local repair tech. Saved his number on my cell now though. The Samsung Experience is pushing me completely away from Samsung products......

15. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

How is it extreme? Samsung is practically like the mafia. Google is not much better. The fact that Google gave Schmidt in board is very telling.

16. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Really? Google's search engine is superb!

17. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I spent a month trying to get the Ativ S fixed. A month!

----------

I'm using DuckDuckGo now. Id rather Google not make money off me.

18. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

Some people have an irrational hatred of things....how is Samsung like the mafia?

19. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

I agree, the Samsung Galaxy 5 is the perfect size. I said all along I wanted a 5" phone on these forums and many people were like 4.7 is close enough. When Apple came out with both sizes, I was very disappointed and now it seems like 5" is the sweet spot for every one else in between. That said, I can work with the iPhone 6. I can't work with the Android OS.

20. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Its well known. Just Google it… I mean DuckDuckGo it.

21. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Personally after having two S5's in the past year, I VASTLY prefer the 4.7" screen on my Alpha.

Different strokes for different folks. It's all just subjective preferences.

And furthermore there is a lot more to choosing the perfect phone than just screen size. There are an abundance of phones with 5" and above screens, for some the HTC M8 is perfect, for others the Lumia icon/930, for others the Xperia Z3....

Samsung is as much an acquired taste as anything else, and you can not say that anyone who can't decide between iphone sizes would like the Samsung.

The software experience on an alternative device will effect user more so than .3" screen difference.

22. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

Do their practices affect your personal life? I use Google products and am perfectly happy with them...

23. mercuryjones macrumors 6502a

Really? Just go and read the book written about the family behind the Samsung corporation and then see how they are like the mafia.

24. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I, like Apple, am trying to leave this place in a better shape than I found it. I think not using Samsung is one way of doing so.

25. khha4113 macrumors regular

khha4113

By your logic, you shouldn't have bought Apple products either since some components in there were made by Samsung!