Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wailord

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2007
Is it laggy? Is it usable yet? I want to know because I want to go ahead and download it, but as I cannot go back if there are any issues, I wanted to know if it's ready for normal usage yet. Then again, I don't know if there's much point yet without MMS- CCP isn't enough an incentive for a laggy firmware without any remedy. Thank you!

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
I've heard it runs fine, some apps crash (dunno yet which ones). I'm downloading the firmware right now so I might check back when I get it up.

ojstagg93

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2008
it took 2 restores but now it runs almost as fast as 2.2.1 in my testing with 3 phones a touch laggy most features seem to work

depaulsunny

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2008
It runs great!! Actually for me, it runs better than 2.2.1. Most of the applications that crashed often in previous firmware doesn't have that problem now...

efegue

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2008
I've been using it for the past half and hour and it seems really ok.
I've tested 2 random free apps, synced my calendar and contacts with google sync, connected to my wifi network..

No problems till here, but this is just too early to make a solid comment about it...

dustinl4m3

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
It is a little laggy/buggy but it is usable. Text caret/loupe/copy and paste is buggy as hell in Safari.

Can anyone get Youtube to work? I get "Cannot connect to Youtube"

ptsube

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2008
Somewhat laggy. I've had iPod crash a couple times. For some reason I can't access the Network settings in the General tab of settings. Can someone else confirm this?

dustinl4m3

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Somewhat laggy.
I've had iPod crash a couple times. For some reason I can't access the Network settings in the General tab of settings. Can someone else confirm this?

Confirmed. It just hangs with "Network" selected.

GCmini

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2009
Chino Hills
Would like to add that 3.0 seems to be *killing* my battery life.

for me texting is laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggyyyyyyyyyyyyy as ****! which sucks for a fast texter like me. other than that its fine. Copy paste is sorta laggy in safari. But at least its there and the way it works is AWESOME! :D
Also has anyone else had the sound not working? in everything. no ipod, nothin. I got 1 key click and thats been it.

sesnir

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2008
No youtube.

The phone seems a tad bit laggy, but useable. Tomorrow will be my first look at how the battery life is, as I've had it plugged in most of the night as I restored apps/music to it.

I'm also seeing text input lag :(

Ah well.. I took a chance and now I'm at their mercy :)

odyssey924

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2006
Chalk me up as another with no YouTube.

I can get into the Network settings, though it takes several seconds to load.

I also had no sound when I first was up and running, a restart fixed that.

bsls

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2009
Can someone with 3.0 please confirm that you can use copy/paste within Safari's address bar to copy weblinks? I need this for blogging. I'd assume you can do this but I also assumed copy and paste would have happened a long time ago.

I guess in a worst case scenario I could email myself the link from safari and then copy the link from the email.

Thanks for the response!

RxMac

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2008
Can someone with 3.0 please confirm that you can use copy/paste within Safari's address bar to copy weblinks? I need this for blogging. I'd assume you can do this but I also assumed copy and paste would have happened a long time ago.

I guess in a worst case scenario I could email myself the link from safari and then copy the link from the email.

Thanks for the response!

Yes it does work.... when you hold down on a web link, a different pop up comes up asking if you want to open the site, open in new page, copy, or cancel

bsls

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2009
Yes it does work.... when you hold down on a web link, a different pop up comes up asking if you want to open the site, open in new page, copy, or cancel

Thanks RxMac! But if I want to copy the address (link) of the page I'm currently on, can I tap within the address bar to copy?

jsh

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2008
Any more comments on the battery life? At this point, it's the only thing stopping me from installing.

JForestZ34

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2007
Aren't all these problem's expected with a beta version... I didn't expect that all these feature's would be working. If so they would have released it today and not in the summer.. I would think the reason why they are wanted is to work all the bugs out..

James

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.