To all who have 3.0 - please address

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wailord, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Wailord macrumors 6502

Is it laggy? Is it usable yet? I want to know because I want to go ahead and download it, but as I cannot go back if there are any issues, I wanted to know if it's ready for normal usage yet. Then again, I don't know if there's much point yet without MMS- CCP isn't enough an incentive for a laggy firmware without any remedy. Thank you!

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I've heard it runs fine, some apps crash (dunno yet which ones). I'm downloading the firmware right now so I might check back when I get it up.

3. ojstagg93 macrumors member

ojstagg93

it took 2 restores but now it runs almost as fast as 2.2.1 in my testing with 3 phones a touch laggy most features seem to work

4. depaulsunny macrumors member

It runs great!! Actually for me, it runs better than 2.2.1. Most of the applications that crashed often in previous firmware doesn't have that problem now...

5. efegue macrumors member

I've been using it for the past half and hour and it seems really ok.
    I've tested 2 random free apps, synced my calendar and contacts with google sync, connected to my wifi network..

No problems till here, but this is just too early to make a solid comment about it...

6. dustinl4m3 macrumors regular

It is a little laggy/buggy but it is usable. Text caret/loupe/copy and paste is buggy as hell in Safari.

Can anyone get Youtube to work? I get "Cannot connect to Youtube"

7. ptsube macrumors 6502

Somewhat laggy. I've had iPod crash a couple times. For some reason I can't access the Network settings in the General tab of settings. Can someone else confirm this?

8. ptsube macrumors 6502

Same here.

9. dustinl4m3 macrumors regular

Confirmed. It just hangs with "Network" selected.

10. dhy8386 macrumors 6502a

11. ptsube macrumors 6502

Yes.

12. dustinl4m3 macrumors regular

Would like to add that 3.0 seems to be *killing* my battery life.

13. GCmini macrumors member

GCmini

for me texting is laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggyyyyyyyyyyyyy as ****! which sucks for a fast texter like me. other than that its fine. Copy paste is sorta laggy in safari. But at least its there and the way it works is AWESOME! :D
    Also has anyone else had the sound not working? in everything. no ipod, nothin. I got 1 key click and thats been it.

14. dhy8386 macrumors 6502a

You mean sound from apps vs sound from a call?

15. aames macrumors newbie

16. sesnir macrumors 6502

No youtube.

The phone seems a tad bit laggy, but useable. Tomorrow will be my first look at how the battery life is, as I've had it plugged in most of the night as I restored apps/music to it.

I'm also seeing text input lag :(

Ah well.. I took a chance and now I'm at their mercy :)

17. odyssey924 macrumors regular

Chalk me up as another with no YouTube.

I can get into the Network settings, though it takes several seconds to load.

I also had no sound when I first was up and running, a restart fixed that.

18. bsls macrumors newbie

Can someone with 3.0 please confirm that you can use copy/paste within Safari's address bar to copy weblinks? I need this for blogging. I'd assume you can do this but I also assumed copy and paste would have happened a long time ago.

I guess in a worst case scenario I could email myself the link from safari and then copy the link from the email.

Thanks for the response!

19. RxMac macrumors 6502

Yes it does work.... when you hold down on a web link, a different pop up comes up asking if you want to open the site, open in new page, copy, or cancel

20. bsls macrumors newbie

Thanks RxMac! But if I want to copy the address (link) of the page I'm currently on, can I tap within the address bar to copy?

21. odyssey924 macrumors regular

Yep, you sure can.

22. Sleepyyet macrumors member

Cant connect to youtube and no pictures on the facebook app!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

23. jsh macrumors regular

Any more comments on the battery life? At this point, it's the only thing stopping me from installing.

24. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

Aren't all these problem's expected with a beta version... I didn't expect that all these feature's would be working. If so they would have released it today and not in the summer.. I would think the reason why they are wanted is to work all the bugs out..

James

25. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

I've been playing with Bluetooth A2DP (see other post) and it's noticeably draining my battery. Could make it unusable.