Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yellowstone2012

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
I love Xcode 4, but one MAJOR pain I hate about Xcode itself is updating it. Apple, please use a patcher to update Xcode.

Having to download a 4GB + file every time a new version of Xcode is release is getting old, and ridiculous.

Not to mention, 4GB's in one download may look suspicious to my ISP.

I won't update my Xocde until this issue is resolved.

Thanks.

I just submitted this to Apple, hopefully Apple will listen. (removing if any, confidential info) I'll post back any replies.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
I love Xcode 4, but one MAJOR pain I hate about Xcode itself is updating it. Apple, please use a patcher to update Xcode.

Having to download a 4GB + file every time a new version of Xcode is release is getting old, and ridiculous.

Not to mention, 4GB's in one download may look suspicious to my ISP.

I won't update my Xocde until this issue is resolved.

Thanks.

I just submitted this to Apple, hopefully Apple will listen. (removing if any, confidential info) I'll post back any replies.

Do you know the meaning of the word "NDA"?

Don Kosak

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2010
Hilo, Hawaii
Do you know the meaning of the word "NDA"?

Well, to be fair to the OP, you can get Xcode 4.01 from the App Store for $4.99 on any Mac without agreeing to an NDA or any of the iOS/OSX developer program rules.

I agree that a patching system would make a huge difference, especially at this early stage of Xcode 4.x's development. I expect we'll see frequent updates as features are finalized and issues are discovered and cleared.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.