To buy the next iPhone, or not.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by manjaap, May 5, 2010.

1. manjaap macrumors member

I am currently a college student in St. Louis using a Blackberry Tour on Verizon Wireless. While I am really satisfied with both the phone and service, I am also frustrated because I see all of my friends with iPhones using great apps for both school and socializing which are either aren't easy to use, or are simply not available on the Blackberry. I have always been extremely tempted to switch over to an iPhone, but am extremely hesitant because of AT&T and their 3G coverage and quality (or lack thereof). However, I recently received a $300 Apple Gift Card which would allow me to essentially get an iPhone for free, but I would still have to pay an ETF to Verizon. All this has made me begin to consider more seriously about switching over to AT&T, and if I do I am definitely going to wait until June for the new model, but still I do have a couple of questions. First, are the features of the new iPhone going to be so worth it that I should leave Verizon and pay the ETF to join AT&T? Secondly, what differences will I see in my service when using the iPhone in 3G area and is the AT&T 3G service area expected to grow? Lastly, I have read the WSJ article which says that Apple maybe developing a Verizon CDMA iPhone which may come out September, so if this is in anyway true, when would you expect an announcement like this to be made because I would certainly regret if I bought the iPhone in June and then in September the Verizon iPhone comes out.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

First, learn to break stuff into paragraphs, makes things easier on the eyes than a wall of text.

Second:

1. They are always worth it. Also, now even more that we know iChat and something else extra is stirring up.

2. Have you tried AT&T in your area or have you gone by what others have said? Test the network yourself. Also, the network will get better now that AT&T is deploying the fiber and ethernet backhaul over all their cell sites.

3. That is a rumor since August 2007, it has never and will not materialize any time soon. Specially with Verizon attacking AT&T and the iPhone in their ads.