To case or not to case?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Afbar1114, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

Who keeps there iPad. I sometimes keep it in when I am at home but sometimes only with smart cover

2. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Mine is never out of its case but I do try to find the slimmest cases available.
    For the iPad-1, the incase Magazine Jacket.
    For the 2 and the 3, the Marware MicroShell Folio.

3. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

I have to my daughter is rough with it..
    I have to out an all around hard case on the back and then slip it into an Incase book jacket.. Plus a screen protector. Yes she is that rough with it lol.
    Luckily my first generation iPad was perfect because I did all that!
    Made it easy to sell! :D

4. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

No shell or cover on the iPad itself. I prefer the naked look, feel, and weight. I don't have any situation when it might get damaged (like kids) and when I travel I have a leather sleeve it goes in.

5. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

I have a Speck case for my 3rd gen iPad. On my 1st gen I just throw it in an old 10" netbook sleeve when it's not in use.

6. Geekbabe macrumors 6502a

Geekbabe

I house mine in a leather Photive case, it has a back cover in addition to the front smart cover. The case works nicely as a stand & protecting the iPad from the odd bump it might get being toted around all the time.

7. RedRaven571 macrumors 65816

RedRaven571

Smart cover on front, Zum on back to protect the back and lock smart cover from accidentally coming off.

I have a leather portfolio case which actually would protect the corners more but it feels bulky when on.

If traveling, I throw it in a Wenger neoprene slipcase for 10" netbooks that I picked up at Walmart for about $15.

8. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

That's a big part of my reasoning also.
    I've been able to sell every one of my used Apple devices for top dollar because they all truly were "like new".

9. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I like to sell my Apple stuff to pay for my upgrades, so I like to keep things nice. Also, I just like to keep things nice in general. Over the last couple of years, I have become a big fan of Belkin stuff. I use a combination of the GripVue and a screen protector on my iPhone. For my iPad, it's the SnapShield on the back and the Smart Cover on the front. No screen protector.

10. JerseyDoug macrumors regular

I used the apple smartcover until recently. I currently have it in the new Book Book case which I am liking.

11. Iwolf macrumors newbie

Iwolf

I keep mine in a griffin survivor case adds a lil weight and bulk but my iPad feels nice and safe:)

12. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

i HATE cases. the only thing I did to my iPad 3 was put a Best Skins Ever on the back (nothing on the screen). this helps keep it from getting scratched on the backside and also provides increased grip for when you hold it or lay it down.

i just don't like screwing up the look, feel, weight of the Apple products i buy.

13. VidPro macrumors 6502a

VidPro

14. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

I use the smart cover for when typing and to protect the screen. When I travel it's in a cheap amazon sleeve.

15. tthip macrumors member

That is a great, great case. I love it and would recommend it to anyone.
    I also love how on the back it is a softer, rubbery type of case that kind of cushions it when you place it down. I hate hard back designs

16. iKIKO macrumors regular

iKIKO

all the 3 ipads naked here, and all were in mint condition, they take it more than you think, it doesnt scratch too easily. just smart cover :D

17. Afbar1114 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have the incase book jacket select and smart cover like them both. but i am afraid of scratches on the back and was thinking about a zagg shield on the back

18. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

Great minds...

I don't mind spending extra money to protect my iPhones, iPads, and laptop so later I can sell it and make as much as possible to upgrade to the latest device. :D

19. JMountainDew macrumors regular

JMountainDew

I keep mine in a saddleback leather case. Don't care for the fragile feel without a case.

20. barjam macrumors regular

It is too heavy and slick to be without a case. I would be constantly dropping it.

21. Afbar1114 thread starter macrumors 6502a

22. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

I do as mentioned in my previous post.

23. Afbar1114 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Case not cover

24. -TYLER macrumors regular