To Target Touch customers..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bogman12, Sep 24, 2007.

1. bogman12 macrumors regular

... have your iPods shipped? And have you received them yet or scheduled to receive them very shortly?

If you got them already, what week did you receive and when did you place the order?

Thanks

bogman

2. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

None of the online Target orders have been received. Target started sending tracking numbers and ship notifications to customers Saturday but none have apparently actually gotten updated tracking status as of tonight.

3. bogman12 thread starter macrumors regular

It is the same for me.. it just says's billing information received.

4. mattniles007 macrumors 6502

mattniles007

I ordered the touch on the 23rd and just tonight I received a "your item shipped" email

5. scoot87 macrumors newbie

Let me know if your order actually ships...that would be awesome if true.

6. h3ro macrumors newbie

Ordered mine on Thursday (the 20th) and I only received the auto confirmation email after checkout. No "Shipped" email, this is lame.

7. scoot87 macrumors newbie

thats the price you pay for getting a 10% disc

8. h3ro macrumors newbie

That makes no sense considering other people have had theirs shipped within a few days using the same discount.

And it was a 14.4% in total discounts/cash back hehe.

9. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

did yall ever stop and think that maybe people are trying to tantalize you and make people frusterated, i mean come on, orederd the 23rd and got a shipped email already.. :p

10. bogman12 thread starter macrumors regular

Already had an ipod touch from BB for a week so I've already satisfied my itch. The savings of $434 vs $388 is worth it in my book.

11. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Target's behavior is very weird. I can't remember the last time I got a shipping notice and UPS hadn't picked up the package within a day or two.

I suspect that Target prepared the shipping notifications and pre-labeled the boxes in anticipation of a shipment they are getting from Apple this week. So hopefully we will see these shipping out in the next few days.

12. kered22 macrumors 6502

kered22

It's quite possible they will be shipping soon. The Target I work at got in our shipment last night and were put in the display case, only 3 though. So I'm guessing the DC got them in over the weekend.

13. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

That's what I figured too, but if they got them in over the weekend and prepared the shipping labels, there's really no reason that UPS wouldn't have picked them up yesterday.

14. jelloyacket macrumors member

I got the "your item shipped" email but when I log onto my account at Target.com, I don't even have anything listed in the "open or recently shipped orders" section. And of course, nothing in the track shipment area either. Maybe I'll just watch this thread to get an idea of when I'll get mine.

15. scoot87 macrumors newbie

I got the "order shipped' email with carrier 'notified to pick up order'

16. mattniles007 macrumors 6502

mattniles007

Same here it looks all good should have it by the weekend

17. bogman12 thread starter macrumors regular

matt: how do you figure it'll arrive by the weekend, did your package show additional progress?

18. mattniles007 macrumors 6502

mattniles007

Yes UPS said expect 3-5 work days for delivery

19. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Well, if UPS haven't even received the package for transit, it's rather unlikely you (or anyone else) will get it by the weekend.

It's very odd that Target generated the shipping notices for these iPods and yet UPS doesn't even have them yet, only "shipping/billing information received" as a status for the last 5 days.

I've literally had hundreds of items shipped UPS and have never seen this before, it's weird.

20. scoot87 macrumors newbie

I am afraid that this will happen to me too. It seems somewhat deceiving what they are doing if they are doing this only to charge the credit card and not allowing us to easily cancel an order if we think the order will take too long to ship.

21. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Actually that's exactly what it seems that they did. They got an ETA on when their iPods would show up, and issued the shipment slips for them so that the orders could not be cancelled.

Maybe they were seeing tons of pre-orders followed by cancellations and got anxious about it.

22. bogman12 thread starter macrumors regular

Hey I called Target this morning and the lady put me on hold to call UPS. She came back to say that the package has already been shipped out and it just wasn't scanned in because it hasn't arrived at a major hub yet. I picked the 3-5 days shipping and I asked for an estimated arrival date. She said anytime between Oct 1st - 3rd.

Anyone pick next day or two day shipping?

23. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

I find this explanation a bit hard to swallow. Shipping notice generated on Saturday and it hasn't made it to a hub by Wednesday? That's extremely unlikely.

The only explanation to me would be if they were coming in direct from overseas OR that Target pulled the trigger a little too quickly.

In any event, when these do arrive we will in all likelihood be getting the best price on them this season. It will also let me do a comparison between two Week 38s or a Week 38 and Week 39 with some very high end headphones to see if there's any difference in audio hiss, etc.

24. bogman12 thread starter macrumors regular

Y'all don't think the ipods will be on sale anytime this year for the holiday season? I want to pick up a couple for my cousins overseas in asia..

BTW, are apple products being sold in countries like China, Taiwan etc...?

Whenver I search "Ipod in china" it always brings up the fake crap..

25. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

I'm sure there will be more sales this year, but many retailers (Best Buy, etc) specifically exclude iPods or Apple branded products from their discount coupons, etc.