To those enjoying 30-40Mb down on LTE...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by 1080p, Mar 19, 2012.

1. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

Enjoy the speeds now...

... because once LTE has a higher adoption rate among the carrier's customers, the speeds will slow down with congestion. :(

2. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Really? Why is there always a killjoy? Can't keep it to yourself? You have to try and ruin it for everyone else.

3. Cutwolf macrumors 6502

Someone is bitter they don't have LTE access.

4. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

Verizon has had LTE available for a long time now, and my speeds are still great.

5. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

Does anyone know what type of speed we could expect with the same adoption as 3G?

6. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Beat me to it. :D

7. funkeruski macrumors regular

8. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Well that's it then. I'm cancelling my LTE and exchanging the device. What's the point, right?

See, I see what this guy is onto here. He's genius. If we smart guys just go back down to 3G, or even EDGE/EVDO/etc., then when everyone is clogging up the LTE pipes (remember the dump trucks kids) we'll be fine!

Mastermind, sir.

9. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

People like this should exercise their freedom to keep their mouths shut and opinions to themselves. No point to this post other than to thumb your nose at others.

10. Fynd macrumors 6502

I'm with Rogers in Newfoundland. They have, like, 10 wireless customers here and maybe 2 using LTE, haha.

11. 1080p thread starter macrumors 68020

1080p

Uh... I live in Phoenix. You know... one of the original NFL cities Verizon launched it's LTE network.

----------

Also... I have a 32GB VZW LTE iPad...

I am just giving a little incite to those who do not know. The 30+ megs you are enjoying now will not be around forever. You should set your expectations with this knowledge. Dunno why guys are jumping down my throat.

Also... here is an article from a couple days ago:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/greatsp...n-gets-aggressive-with-lte-to-drive-adoption/

"Verizon may have been the first to launch its 4G LTE network more than a year ago, but customers haven’t taken to the new high-speed technology in meaningful numbers yet. Earlier, the company’s CFO Fran Shammo had said that only about 5% of its total subscriber base use an LTE smartphone right now.

In a bid to increase LTE adoption, Verizon is now planning to only introduce phones that support the high-speed network this year. Moreover, it has also decided to increase its target year-end LTE coverage to 260 million Americans from the earlier 250 million target. Verizon is currently well ahead of AT&T and Sprint in terms of LTE deployment with coverage in almost 200 markets across the U.S and plans to add another 200 by the year’s end."

12. Disbchris macrumors newbie

I will enjoy my 40-50mb speeds until then on my AT&T iPad :cool:

13. andyblila, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012

andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

I'll tell you why, because your post had no purpose but to incite people. There is no help or advice in it. It just tries to ruin people's good time with their iPads. Feel free to keep your inciteful and inflammatory posts and people won't flame you.

14. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

I've been an LTE customer of Verizon for the past year now in Chicago. If anything, I've only seen speed INCREASES as they have worked the bugs out of their infrastructure. While I'm sure congestion may become an issue at some point, I suspect that is multi-millions of LTE subscribers later.

15. 1080p thread starter macrumors 68020

1080p

No... an inflammatory post would be insulting people, degrading them or mocking them (for in this case... their purchase choice). Why would I flame them or mock them when I made the very same choice. I bought an LTE iPad. I am currently enjoying insanely fast connection speeds. I am simply making conversation about the notion these speeds will likely not be feasible on a crowded network. This IS A DISCUSSION FORUM, right?
    There are many new iPad customers who are not tech savvy, and such discussion could be helpful and informative. So that in a year, they are not wondering why they USED to get 40 Mb down and now they are only getting 15.

Get off of your high horse and quit flaming me out of some sense of elitism on these forums.

16. Bryanw3535 macrumors regular

Those who are breathing oxygen now ...

... enjoy it because the world's oxygen supply will end by 2049.

17. boltjames macrumors 68030

boltjames

[​IMG]

Sorry, I'm too happy to pay attention to what you wrote.

BJ

18. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Cite your source of the slowdown. I'm dying to be amazed by your insider information, otherwise talk to us in a year. You didn't speculate in your original post that speeds would slow down, you STATED that they would slow down. Please tell me what the point of that is and how it is helpful? It's not helpful and informative, because it has no basis in fact. You have nothing at all to back an OPINION that you are posing as fact. It is an OPINION that reduces people's satisfaction in their purchase. It doesn't help at all. That is inflammatory. So unless you have a source that states my speeds are going to drop, quit spouting your OPINION as fact.

19. Digidesign macrumors 6502

(cue: sad trombone) Waah-Waaah

[​IMG]

20. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

I don't think congestion is the problem, especially with LTE. The REAL problem, is the stupid data caps.

21. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

People on LTE, enjoy going over the data usage within a few days.

22. UrsaMajor macrumors regular

No, people who didn't bother to get unlimited, will pay, per GB and that will slow it down.

23. Advil macrumors 6502a

Op: " EVERYONE STOP BEING HAPPY IMMEDIATELY. I DON'T LIKE IT"

24. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

This.

25. ChubZ macrumors regular

People have no idea on how much one LTE radio head can handle bandwidth wise. Each site has 3 sectors. Each radio head head has a dedicated fiber optic line back to the LTE baseband unit.