To those who went from 6+ to 6s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mobutt, Sep 27, 2015.

1. mobutt macrumors 6502

Jun 22, 2010
    How's the adjustment going? I like the size but the battery is really annoying me. Might switch back to the +.
  2. gui0312 macrumors 6502

Apr 10, 2015
    I feel you, I did the same. What are your battery stats?
  3. judethat macrumors 6502

Nov 16, 2007
    I've gone back to 6s+ after thinking would like the 6s but the battery life was a let down compared to 6s+. I did not realise how much I enjoyed the 6+ In other ways too, I guess I got too used to some of the things you can do with 6s+, including the landscape mail view and you just get so much more for your money.
  4. Silver Idaten macrumors 6502

Jul 31, 2015
    Stratford, CT
    Ugh, I really don't want to, but all the 6S Pluses have that stupid pressure point near the bottom and the regular ones don't. It's distracting to me scrolling through a webpage.
  5. mobutt thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 22, 2010
    Haven't actually looked at usage but I've gone to 2% twice today for what my 6 plus would usually have gotten me through the day for.
    Yeah I'm making a reservation in the morning. They might start getting annoyed, went from a 6S+ to 6S back to the + now. It really is a battery thing for me more than anything else. I didn't really use landscape mode at all. The screen was definitely nicer too.
  6. perkedel macrumors 6502a

Dec 30, 2014
    I have gone from 6 Plus to 6s.

Sure the battery is nice, I could go a day and a half for my typical heavy use of Safari / social media without charging.
    Then I realize, I have a charger in my office. If I'm working in my office, I'm not going anywhere, phone is just sitting there. So I charge my phone. I notice I don't usually go below 90% through out the day because I have it plugged in.

Traded that for a smaller 6s. I gotta say, I never use the landscape mode ever in my 6 Plus, it's not particularly important to me.

What I don't miss is that using 6 Plus with one hand is a bitch!
    My morning routine is replying text, emails, it's really a pain in the ass while having a coffee in the other hand while doing this with the 6 Plus.
  7. mobutt thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 22, 2010
    Yeah see you're having a similar experience to me. I definitely didn't use any of the "exclusive" Plus features, just liked the battery a whole lot more.
  8. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

Sep 12, 2009
    Can you elaborate? I have no clue what you're referring to.
  9. Silver Idaten macrumors 6502

Jul 31, 2015
    Stratford, CT
    I have a picture of mine, but it's not as visible in the picture as it is in person. A better example is in the 'defects' thread.

Here's the link to another picture. Again, it's one of those things that's more apparent in person.

Attached Files:

10. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Nov 21, 2010
    I don't have that problem on mine but I'm returning back to the regular.
  11. cudest macrumors newbie

Apr 22, 2015
    In iPhone 6s plus i like the OS design. it is looking awesome and very attractive. Very impressive UI that made me crazy to use this phone.
  12. gui0312 macrumors 6502

Apr 10, 2015
    You are for the most part right. If you can charge your iPhone throughout the day or maybe in the car some it may be a small inconvenience compared to a larger inconvenience in handling etc. I switched from the 6S (battery life) to the 6S plus, since I was used to the better battery life of the 6 plus, however what I'm not used to is how heavy and bulky this 6S plus is now, it's not a huge difference on paper, but you can sure feel it in hand. It sucks but again I am considering the move back to the 6S and utilize my car charger more than I ever did.
  13. silverblack macrumors 68030

Nov 27, 2007
    I don't disagree with most of your points.

On your last note about getting more for your money, it reminds me of the whole agreement over full size laptops (14"/15") vs. ultraportable laptops (11"-13"). People make the same claim that larger laptops have more value: larger screen, bigger keyboard, more ports. But they don't realize that *portability* is an invaluable feature that, to some people, matters the most.

For iPhones, some us prefer a real *mobile* phone over a miniaturized iPad that can make phone calls. Not implying there's anything wrong, just to make a point.
  14. smallnshort247 macrumors 6502a

Oct 23, 2010
    I also switched from the 6 plus to the 6S. I don't have huge hands, but I was able to find a way to make the size of the 6plus work for me. Once 3D Touch was announced, I realized that I probably wouldn't be able to hard press all the buttons on the phone unless I have a second hand free to use.

Since switching to the 6S, my first drawback is the battery life. I know I could probably play around with the iOS settings to hopefully get a few extra minutes of battery.. But I didn't realize how much of a difference battery life was between the 6 and the plus model. My second drawback is the camera. I personally notice a difference with the optical image stabilization in the plus models.

With all that said, I switched to the smaller 6 model because of the size of the phone, and even with all the things I'll miss, I think I'll enjoy 3D Touch more still with the smaller iPhone. I may just invest in a mophie external battery pack for future trips. I doubt any Apple Store near by will have any 6S pluses in stock before my return policy is over anyway.
  15. BravoFoxtrot76 macrumors newbie

Sep 27, 2015
    I went from a 6+ to the 6S. My battery life is pretty good and I had 21% battery life at 10:00pm with moderate use. I also have a Mophie Plus case in the event the battery life doesn't fit my needs.

I don't miss the size of the 6+, and don't really miss the screen size. I have an iPad mini that I use for most of my web browsing, streaming, etc. As a matter of fact, I rarely used my 6+ for such tasks. My phone is mostly used for calls and email with the occasional web browsing.

If I didn't have my mini or used my phone more for web browsing and streaming, I may have considered 6S+ more. However, my main driver for going with the 6S was size.
  16. mobutt thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 22, 2010
    I switched back today, ultimately I didn't want to have to worry about battery life and the 6 Plus gave me a year of that. I'd like for that to continue.
  17. waynestu macrumors member

Sep 15, 2014
    I don't see anything?
  18. maxsix Suspended

Jun 28, 2015
    Western Hemisphere
    No adjustment required.

Although battery life has suffered, that's no big deal either.

None of my iPhones have returned all day battery life. That's why I always keep an ANKER external charged and ready.
  19. Silver Idaten macrumors 6502

Jul 31, 2015
    Stratford, CT
    Anker batteries are the best. Mophies are so overpriced, with Anker you get bigger batteries for half the price and superior quality.
  20. Silver Idaten macrumors 6502

Jul 31, 2015
    Stratford, CT
    Good. Don't look for it. Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

In all seriousness though, it's more apparent in person, it was hard to get a good photo. It's more apparent at lower brightness settings, and very much there when scrolling through anything with a white background (which unfortunately is most websites and programs post-iOS 7)
  21. tl01 macrumors 68000

Jun 20, 2010
    Agreed... I love our Anker battery packs!
  22. mobutt thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 22, 2010
    I found a good deal on a mophie power station plus on eBay. It has a lightning cable built in which is really convenient.
  23. msae macrumors member

Oct 2, 2014
    I'm thinking about switching to the 6s. I had the 6+, and I hated the animation lag/stutter, but I dealt with it, knowing I could upgrade this year. Now, the the 6s+, the animation stutter is still present, especially when the 3D touch menus pop up. I don't know if it will be fixed in a software update, given I'm running 9.1b2, but I'm pretty sure the stutter was present in 9.0-9.0.1. According to GFXBench, Manhattan On-Screen suffers quite a bit, but the T-Rex On-Screen matches:

I should add that I am nit-picky about stuff like this. It's good to know that the 6s is in good supply, should I choose to switch.
  24. Macalway macrumors 68020

Aug 7, 2013
    I was think of switching from + to 6s. Just for the change. I mean, going from a + to + is no fun. They look exactly the same :D

Anyway, I noticed on the ATT site that the regular 6 is in stock. I think the +'s sold much quicker.

Not sure. In store availability is a consideration also. I will probably just wing it.
  25. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm testing the iPhone 6s and I've got to say that I don't miss the Plus size at all. It's much better for one-handed use. Although I may very well end up with the Plus when I purchase my device, for the reason it is considered the superior phone.