TODAY I GET AN iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by xumax, Jul 21, 2011.

1. xumax macrumors member

Hi folks,

t o d a y I will get my first Mac in my life and I am like a little child at christmas.

I worry so much about the issues I've heard about (yellow tint and such) and have exactly 14 days time to check out if the machine is ok or not.

Then the easiest option to sent it back is over.

I worry because although it has nothing to do with computers i bought a Samusung TV UE46C8790 and now - just after 7 month its such a mess and causes me a lot of trouble esp. the display.

I pray my experience with Apple will be a better one.

I will get an:
    iMac 27": 3,1 GHz
    3,1 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
    2560 x 1440 Pixeln
    4 GB RAM
    (2 x 2 GB)
    1 TB
    AMD Radeon HD 6970
    mit 1 GB

..... its maybe just a couple of hours till the machine will be here .....

tic toc tic toc tic toc.....

:)

Uma

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I think you'll enjoy your computer. Hopefully you won't get any problems, but if you do, it will be easier to replace than that Samsung. Apple has very good support.

viel glück :)

3. Nik73 macrumors regular

Good luck bud, hope it's a good one. Don't go looking for screen issues though! If it looks good to you, that's all that matters!
    You could see the issue with mine the second I turned it on.

Also, it will blow you away. Great mac to have as your first. Looks so basic, but is so beautiful at the same time. The real estate on the screen is mind-blowing.

4. xumax thread starter macrumors member

Thank you very much - I am excited ....

still waiting ..... tic toc tic toc ....

I guess DHL likes to keep me waiting .... tic toc....

I am worried to miss the noise of the bell, peeking out of the window from time to time.

I took a day off exspecially for this ......

What positiv stress ....... pls don't think me to crazy, na ? :)

Uma ;-)

PS: @nick73 how the heck you know I am in Germany ... huh ?! :)

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I guess you were talking to me.

I know because you just mentioned it :D
    Just kidding

I think you copied the details of your computer from apples website, and it gave away that it is German ... specifically when it said "mit" and "pixeln"

Enjoy your iMac. you will like it :) !

6. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

I got my first Mac this year as well. Hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed mine.

7. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

I know what it's like waiting for the delivery man. I was outside before he even got out of the van. You probably won't find any problems with it as well and I hope the machine lasts long for you.

8. Brown Trout macrumors member

You're Gonna Really Love the iMac

I'm less than 2 months into owning an iMac after a few decades of Windows.

Learning curve for OSX is minimal too.

I got a lot out of David Pogue's Snow Leopard "Missing Manual" book. You might consider one for Lion when it comes out and maybe borrow a Snow Leopard version to get started.

http://www.davidpogue.com/

9. proimage1 macrumors newbie

proimage1

Have fun with your new Mac -- I just got my first Mac after using PC's for the past 20 +years and I can honestly tell you, you'll love it - I can't imagine why I waited so long -- the learning curve is very easy and like I've read so many times - it just works - I got the mid summer 2010 iMac 21.5" refurbished and it's perfect - I'm a full time professional photographer and the monitor I got could not be any better. I got mine June 21st - then had a medical condition that landed me in the hospital for almost 3 weeks - my wife brought a Mac book " How to do everything - MAC - by Dwight Spivey " - I read all 500+ pages -- tons of it were very simple common knowledge stuff - but I really learned quite a bit - then Lion comes out - ROFL -- not a big deal though - lots of the basics are the same !

Just listen for that doorbell - setup is insanely simple - I kept wondering where all the cords and cables were - only 1 in the box and that's all that was needed. The cordless mouse and keyboard are awesome ! Have fun !

10. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

What set up? :D

Seriously... Enjoy... I am ordering in next couple weeks...

Congrat!