Tonight's the night! TOY STORY 3!

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
Okay, so I just can't hide my excitement any longer.

With all the big movies coming out this summer, Toy Story 3 is probably the one I'm looking forward to the most. Is anyone else as ready for this movie as I am? I must've watched the trailer a hundred times. When the sneak peak clip showed on ABC last week, I was giddy with excitement.

June 18th can't come soon enough! :) Somehow, Pixar... somehow you do it every time!

iMJustAGuy

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2007
Beach, FL
November can't come soon enough for me.. Harry Potter 7 Part1 baby. All I know is, wherever they split it, I will be pissed, there is nothing they could do for me to be satisfied... And if its in the middle of an action scene and I see "To be continued" I will (and this is not an internet ego talking) I WILL chunk my drink and/or popcorn at the screen.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
After Toy Story 2 I'm not too fussed about a third. I'll end up watching it (probably by way of taking my sister to see it), but they've got a lot to make up for. Though it does look like they've made some effort this time round!

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
After Toy Story 2 I'm not too fussed about a third. I'll end up watching it (probably by way of taking my sister to see it), but they've got a lot to make up for. Though it does look like they've made some effort this time round!
Psh! I beg to differ! Some would argue that Toy Story 2 was as good (if not better!) than Toy Story 1! Let's see, RottonTomatoes rates Toy Story at 96% and Toy Story 2... 91%! I'd say that's a close 2nd! I thought it was excellent!

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
I thought Toy Story 2 was a decent sequel, but I'd much rather they do a completely new movie, or perhaps a sequel to one of their other movies. Two sequels to Toy Story, but no sequels to any other movie? Yeah.

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
I thought Toy Story 2 was a decent sequel, but I'd much rather they do a completely new movie, or perhaps a sequel to one of their other movies. Two sequels to Toy Story, but no sequels to any other movie? Yeah.
Well, it's been known that Pixar's team will only consider a sequel if its story is as good as the original. A great read about Pixar (and Toy Story 3, for that matter) is this article done a few months ago. Tells a lot of the backstory and decision making over at Pixar.

btw, Cars 2.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Just when I think Pixar can't do it again, I see the trailer for the next one and start itching to go see it. The way they reset Buzz and he talks in Spanish is a stroke of genius. :D

mattwolfmatt

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
I can't wait for this! Even more, I can't wait for Cars 2. There is going to be a Cars 2, right?

I really can't wait for this. I know Pixar won't let us down!

A small thing I noticed in the teaser was the characters were using an Apple keyboard. Nice one Pixar. S'pose it's because Steve Jobs has something to do with them.
Actually those keys look too boxy to be an apple keyboard, which are more flat and square. I do see the command key, however.

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America

In case you're interested, there's a great read on Toy Story 3 (and Pixar, in general) as the cover story for this month's Wired magazine.

FTA:
Screenwriter William Goldman once famously declared that the most important fact of life in Hollywood is that “nobody knows anything.” It was his way of describing a reality that continues to haunt the movie business: Studio executives have no idea which pictures will make money.

Unless, of course, those pictures are made by Pixar Animation Studios.

This really shocked me!
An average frame takes more than seven hours of computing time to render.

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
Tomorrow night on ABC Family, they're showing Toy Story 2 at 9 p.m. ET / 8 p.m. central — with exclusive clips of Toy Story 3!

In case you're interested :)

zoziw

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2006
Canada
I'm planning to take my kids to see this tomorrow...providing we can get in.

Question...I've never seen a Digital 3D movie, is there any downside to seeing that screening of it vs a regular screening (it costs a bit more but I don't care about that)?

wvuwhat

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2007
I'm going to take 3 kids I volunteer with/for this weekend. I'm very excited, probably more so than them, because I can remember going to see the first one at their age (or around there).

I'm just a kid at heart.

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
I just got back from viewing it in 2D; it was fantastic.

Everyone should do themselves a favor and go watch this movie (granted the fact that you enjoyed the first two). The movie provides plenty of laughs and touching moments. A perfect ending to the ''trilogy'' :)

wvuwhat

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2007
I just got back from viewing it in 2D; it was fantastic.

Everyone should do themselves a favor and go watch this movie (granted the fact that you enjoyed the first two). The movie provides plenty of laughs and touching moments. A perfect ending to the ''trilogy'' :)
Glad to hear it. I can't wait.