Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emckai

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2013
We will never know when the next beta will be released. It may be next week or next month.

emckai

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2013
Maverick Preview 4 just came out and usually iOS 7 Beta's come out the same day. I think Beta 4 MIGHT be released later today? If not, sometime this week or next week. Don't get your hopes up though.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It should be coming this afternoon (or midday)
Considering it's essentially past mid-day in most of the world, and right at mid-day in California, it's not likely.

----------

Unfortunately you cannot predict the future. It may or may not. We may never know.
Right, it may or may not--pretty much doesn't really say anything. With or without threads like this we still know the same information we did before--pretty much nothing, since there's no actual information to be known by the public until something is released or leaked somewhere (which hasn't happened, at least not so far in relation to a beta release after the current one).

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Considering Mavericks was pushed out, i'm sure there's a chance the 4th beta will hit. Like one poster said above me, betas have hit past 7PM EST before.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Considering it's essentially past mid-day in most of the world, and right at mid-day in California, it's not likely.

----------

Right, it may or may not--pretty much doesn't really say anything. With or without threads like this we still know the same information we did before--pretty much nothing, since there's no actual information to be known by the public until something is released or leaked somewhere (which hasn't happened, at least not so far in relation to a beta release after the current one).

Apple works on California time, so it might still be a possibility. I remember iOS 6 betas being released much later.

emckai

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2013

It's currently 3:07PM PST

----------

I guess it doesn't mean much, but we still have the whole day. It doesn't always have to come out at the same time.

Betas have came out past 7 pm EST before

Never knew that, maybe it'll come out during that time today. Plus the problems Apple is having with the developer portal.

Considering Mavericks was pushed out, i'm sure there's a chance the 4th beta will hit. Like one poster said above me, betas have hit past 7PM EST before.

Exactly, seems like if they are able to push out Preview 4 of Maverick, they should be able to push out Beta 4. May come out today or may not. lol

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I guess it doesn't mean much, but we still have the whole day. It doesn't always have to come out at the same time.

Never knew that, maybe it'll come out during that time today. Plus the problems Apple is having with the developer portal.

Exactly, seems like if they are able to push out Preview 4 of Maverick, they should be able to push out Beta 4. May come out today or may not. lol
So, yeah, it can happen pretty much at any time on pretty much any day...should we have threads discussing it perhaps every hour of every day just in case it might or might not happen?

cwwilson

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Ah the feeling of installing a new beta and the excitement that builds up to the moment you slide that lockscreen to see what's changed.....

....is one you won't be feeling today from the looks of things. :(

emckai

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2013
So, yeah, it can happen pretty much at any time on pretty much any day...should we have threads discussing it perhaps every hour of every day just in case it might or might not happen?

You're right. It does get obnoxiously annoying when people post asking when Beta 4 will be released and right when Beta 4 is release they'll ask when Beta 5 will be release the same day or even the day after.
They'll never understand that, WE WILL NEVER KNOW the actual release date. Plus you gotta understand that a lot of members on these forums are kids. (children)

pedrofan

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2008
Osx mavericks dp1 dp2 and dp3 came at 1:15 am (london time), so it may be still on time for today as we still have 2 hours till that time.

acctman

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2012
Georgia
lets try not to be rude to our fellow Apple users and dev testers. A lot of us are awaiting the next release in order to fix bugs or to further test. So if it bothers or annoys you that people are asking about beta 4 then don't enter those threads/topics. Plenty of other questions / concerns to respond too

emckai

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2013
lets try not to be rude to our fellow Apple users and dev testers. A lot of us are awaiting the next release in order to fix bugs or to further test. So if it bothers or annoys you that people are asking about beta 4 then don't enter those threads/topics. Plenty of other questions / concerns to respond too

The issue here is 'fellow apple users' shouldn't be using the betas in the first place. Developers? That is a whole different story. If they are complaining about a bug or issue and they are not a developer, they shouldn't be using it in the first place. That is just my opinion. Don't flame pl0x :]

Anyways, it is just so hard to resist these posts.

EDIT: Oh yeah, wasn't trying to be rude in the first place. Just being straight forward?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.