Too late for Beta 4 today?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by whiteshadoww, Jul 22, 2013.

1. whiteshadoww macrumors 6502

Are the Beta updates always released at 10 AM Cupertino time? If yes I guess this means we get Beta 4 next Monday July 29?

2. HarryAinslie macrumors regular

HarryAinslie

I would have thought it's too late, the carriers would have leaked something by now like the previous

3. emckai macrumors regular

We will never know when the next beta will be released. It may be next week or next month.

4. kevroc macrumors 6502

5. Parise macrumors 6502a

Parise

I cannot see Apple releasing an OTA of the Beta, when the developers portal is still inaccessable.

6. liamry macrumors member

it might not even be a monday...

7. WhackyNinja macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

It could once come out when the Dev Center is back up. Who knows.

8. emckai macrumors regular

Maverick Preview 4 just came out and usually iOS 7 Beta's come out the same day. I think Beta 4 MIGHT be released later today? If not, sometime this week or next week. Don't get your hopes up though.

9. batting1000 macrumors 604

10. emckai macrumors regular

Unfortunately you cannot predict the future. It may or may not. We may never know.

11. Virginaustralia macrumors regular

It should be coming this afternoon (or midday)

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

Considering it's essentially past mid-day in most of the world, and right at mid-day in California, it's not likely.

----------

Right, it may or may not--pretty much doesn't really say anything. With or without threads like this we still know the same information we did before--pretty much nothing, since there's no actual information to be known by the public until something is released or leaked somewhere (which hasn't happened, at least not so far in relation to a beta release after the current one).

13. jmantn macrumors 6502

14. whiteshadoww thread starter macrumors 6502

Good point. We get use to a Monday 10 AM schedule and quickly forget the past. I'm especially excited to see the new Beta to see if they have made any changes to the UI.

15. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Considering Mavericks was pushed out, i'm sure there's a chance the 4th beta will hit. Like one poster said above me, betas have hit past 7PM EST before.

16. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Apple works on California time, so it might still be a possibility. I remember iOS 6 betas being released much later.

17. emckai macrumors regular

I guess it doesn't mean much, but we still have the whole day. It doesn't always have to come out at the same time.

Never knew that, maybe it'll come out during that time today. Plus the problems Apple is having with the developer portal.

Exactly, seems like if they are able to push out Preview 4 of Maverick, they should be able to push out Beta 4. May come out today or may not. lol

18. C DM macrumors Westmere

So, yeah, it can happen pretty much at any time on pretty much any day...should we have threads discussing it perhaps every hour of every day just in case it might or might not happen?

19. cwwilson macrumors 65816

cwwilson

Ah the feeling of installing a new beta and the excitement that builds up to the moment you slide that lockscreen to see what's changed.....

....is one you won't be feeling today from the looks of things. :(

20. emckai macrumors regular

You're right. It does get obnoxiously annoying when people post asking when Beta 4 will be released and right when Beta 4 is release they'll ask when Beta 5 will be release the same day or even the day after.
    They'll never understand that, WE WILL NEVER KNOW the actual release date. Plus you gotta understand that a lot of members on these forums are kids. (children)

21. pedrofan macrumors 6502

Osx mavericks dp1 dp2 and dp3 came at 1:15 am (london time), so it may be still on time for today as we still have 2 hours till that time.

22. acctman macrumors 6502a

acctman

lets try not to be rude to our fellow Apple users and dev testers. A lot of us are awaiting the next release in order to fix bugs or to further test. So if it bothers or annoys you that people are asking about beta 4 then don't enter those threads/topics. Plenty of other questions / concerns to respond too

23. emckai macrumors regular

The issue here is 'fellow apple users' shouldn't be using the betas in the first place. Developers? That is a whole different story. If they are complaining about a bug or issue and they are not a developer, they shouldn't be using it in the first place. That is just my opinion. Don't flame pl0x :]

Anyways, it is just so hard to resist these posts.

EDIT: Oh yeah, wasn't trying to be rude in the first place. Just being straight forward?

24. dogKman822 macrumors member