Too many iPads...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dfy, Mar 8, 2011.

1. dfy macrumors member

Because of freak luck I will have 2 iPads by the end of the month.
    An iPad 1 (16GB WiFi) which I already got and an iPad 2 (16GB WiFi).

Provided I will not sell or give away any of them (;)) and I will use the iPad 2 for day to day use, do any of you have a good idea what to do with the iPad 1?

My first idea was to jailbreak it and hook it up to my TV. Then I could install XBMC and maybe remote control it with the iPad 2. But, I already have a PS3 which I use with PS3 Media Server. So I don't think it will benefit me?

Another idea I got was mounting it on the wall with twitter or news updates.

Any other great ideas?

2. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

Why not sell?

If you have to keep it, just take it along with you when you don't feel comfortable bringing your iPad 2. For example, if you're going to a child's birthday party, I wouldn't want to bring my new iPad 2 there.:)

3. thetruth1985 macrumors 6502

If you don't want to sell it, why don't you give it to a family member that would use it to it's potential. It's a big waste to use it to play video on your tv when there are much cheaper devices that can do that better than the ipad. If you still can't think of anything to do with it. You could use it as a drink tray for whenever you have guests over to visit.

4. applefan289 macrumors 68000

5. dfy thread starter macrumors member

I was afraid this would happen haha :)

I know selling it would be the more wise choice, but lets assume that's not possible.
    Giving it away would be, if I had a partner it would make a great gift! But I don't, playing with the idea to give it to a friend.

But, what if I do keep it, what else can you think of :)

6. fishmoose macrumors 68000

7. dfy thread starter macrumors member

Great article! Thanks, there are some new ideas in it I can use.

8. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

Do you have a car? Maybe mount it in your car to replace your radio? Or in the headrest for people to watch movies on long trips...

9. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

Made me laugh. haha

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Since you don't want to sell it, I would give it to a family member.

11. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

My mom would love a new iPad for her BDAY next week, maybe five it to her??

(PS: she deserves it, she kept a family of 10 strong and together for years and years without a father, no joke)

Sorry for being silly and desperate, I just want to give her what she deserves and thought I would take the risk. This is real, I am not joking about anything

12. Zcott macrumors 68020

Give it away to an MR forumer who you think deserves it most. Or hold a competition on MR.