Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
sunny florida
in 2011 I was expelling ot a Mac user what website forum was good for macs to use
and they used another forum
so i told him look for red apple with a ? on th right part!

but I forgot this until now, so bravo OP!

Reactions: iwan073

Marco Klobas

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2017
Italy
Believe it or not, it took me 12 years to realize that the MacRumors logo contains a question mark!

Did I win a prize?! 😅

As a graphic designer I feel somehow sorry for the logo creator. :) I mean: a logo should easily communicate its "message/meaning". If it doesn't, then it means that it needs a tweaking. Or, maybe, it's done on purpose – like an easter egg.

Then, who am I to judge? I took a couple of years to discover the arrow inside the FedEx logo. I guess I had a dumb smirk on my face that day...

iwan073

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 1, 2011
The Netherlands
As a graphic designer I feel somehow sorry for the logo creator. :) I mean: a logo should easily communicate its "message/meaning". If it doesn't, then it means that it needs a tweaking. Or, maybe, it's done on purpose – like an easter egg.

Then, who am I to judge? I took a couple of years to discover the arrow inside the FedEx logo. I guess I had a dumb smirk on my face that day...
Even after you telling us, it took me a while to actually see it

Reactions: Marco Klobas

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I took a couple of years to discover the arrow inside the FedEx logo.
Me, seeing this thread earlier today: Another one of these threads. How long before someone points out the FedEx logo?

Ten minutes later, you made your post :)

I have known this for over a decade, and I feel special. Back then, there were really blurry pictures of leaked products
Taken inside a lift, of course!

I also remember someone thinking that the logo was a mole. Even now, maybe a decade later (edit: wow, that long?!), I can't unsee it.

jchurchill

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2021
I have always seen the question mark. Without seeing the question mark, the logo looks like a very awkwardly drawn apple. It's also "ripe" for a professional redesign, should the IP owner happen to be willing to spend time and money on it.

Reactions: Squillace

svenmany

macrumors demi-god
Jun 19, 2011
Hey, that's not even an Apple. That's a balding cyclops, with a failed combover, puckering up for a kiss.

iwan073

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 1, 2011
The Netherlands
I have always seen the question mark. Without seeing the question mark, the logo looks like a very awkwardly drawn apple. It's also "ripe" for a professional redesign, should the IP owner happen to be willing to spend time and money on it.
Why though?
This logo IS MacRumors.

That's like Ferrari changing the horse in their logo for a Shetland Pony. That horse IS Ferrari

Reactions: shadow puppet
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.