Took my SP off, wow. Great.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajohnson253, Jan 30, 2011.

1. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Well obviously, I just took off my power support anti flare SP. That's all I've ever really used for long periods of time. Other the. That I've used a ghost armour shield and zagg until I've gotten my hands on a PS anti glare. I just took off my anti glare because I couldn't believe I was using this phone without the full effect of the 960X640 screen resolution. All I have to say is, wow. Gorgeous. So crisp & clear, yes you know this already. To those with the anti glare on though. Just take it off. Enjoy yourself.....just go for it. Use your back up one later if you'd like. I doubt I will. I'll enjoy this until my OCD kicks in.

2. Gryzor macrumors 6502

3. SomeDudeAsking macrumors 65816

4. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

It's just a phone with a SPECTACULAR display. :)

5. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

Use a crystal clear one from PS or SGP. This is the main reason I don't use a anti-glare. The screen is so damn good.

This coming from the guy that bitches about every little thing about the iPhone :rolleyes:

6. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

I've always used a crystal shield of some kind on my iPhone 4. I had a PS antiglare on my 3GS. It was a fantastic screen protector, but you could most definitely tell it was there.

7. Zcott macrumors 68020

This is one of the main reasons I don't like screen protectors. Just enjoy the screen the way it is!

8. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

Though I've ordered a Wrapsol Ultra protector for my iPhone when it arrives, I'm sure that after some amount of time I'll be taking it off. I've done it with every other device of mine. After the initial period of being super protective of it wears off, I can't help but want to use the screen the way it was intended.

9. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Same here. The screen is just way too good to screw up with a protector.

10. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

To the guy that said, it's just a phone. Appreciate you stating the obvious, it's weird I thought it was a car. Anyway, I'm probably just going to keep rockin it without a protector, for now. Why not use it how it came. The glass feels great.

11. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

I used to have a PS Antiglare on my 3GS but for the 4 I went with the SGP Ultra Crystal. No distortion ;)

12. adztaylor macrumors 68000

Agreed.

13. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

14. Sayer macrumors 6502a

Sayer

I need to get a new iPhone 4, do the screen protectors truly 'disappear' on the glass now?

I tried one in 3G era and it looked terrible applied.

15. saberahul macrumors 68040

... till the time you don't scratch it.

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I've never used a screen protector.

17. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

Took my SP off too, and I'm never putting one on again.

18. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

If you install it right you can hardly see the screen protector. But no screen protector will match the awesome feel of the glass screen.

19. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

Would you guys say the same about the iPad though?

20. darkside flow macrumors 6502

I've got a crystal film on the front and back. You can't even tell it's there.

The antiglares are good but you definitely compromise screen clarity.

The front/back films are strictly for resale value for me. No compromise of clarity, no scratches, maximum return in June when I want to get the new phone.

21. elan123 macrumors 6502

ok, mr scratchy

22. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

great response lol

right now I have a clear-coat shield on my phone which is the best of the shields I've used. I'll admit though nothing comes close to a phone with no screen protector. I keep it in my inward facing seidio spring clip so I may end up just using the back shield for when I place it down.

23. Aatos.1 macrumors 6502

I've tried so many high quality expensive screen protectors it's crazy. Some are truly excellent. However the one undeniable fact is they all detract from the clarity of the display to one degree or the other.

The higher quality the display, the less noticeable, yet it's still being obscured. There is no way a piece of somewhat flexible plastic can transmit as clear of an image as the display itself.

I've chosen to use my iP4 without anything covering the display, and it's just brilliant. Now many months later (I got mine the first day they shipped) it's still perfect, no scratches or blemishes and I'm extremely picky. I've simply wiped it down each night with a fresh, clean, microfiber cloth. I carry it in my front pocket and couldn't be happier.

24. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Yup gotta have the microfiber. I love em

25. ctbear macrumors 6502a

My OCD forbids me from going commando :D

But anyways...I used to have a PS anti-glare as well and got really tired of that slight fuzziness...I switched that out to SGP ultra clear and now I'm at the best of both worlds :D