Took the plunge!!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ssledoux, May 16, 2016.

1. ssledoux macrumors 6502

ssledoux

Just got a white 38mm sport in "like new, barely used" condition off eBay for $220 shipped after making a couple offers. I got on Amazon and ordered a little glass protector, and a silver Milanese loop band.

I figure if I don't like it or use it enough, I should have no problem getting most of my money back reselling.

I'm generally a watch wearer though, so I'm thinking there's no reason I won't enjoy having it - didn't really cost me any more than my Michael Kors watch, and it doesn't do anything but tell time, so I'm pretty pleased.

I would like to have some other band options that look feminine, because I DO think the face of the AW is a bit masculine, and I'm pretty small, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Congrats on your purchase. You can consider the Modern Buckle band.

"The fun-to-use buckle system will make men jealous of this female focused Modern Buckle, but the style is a bit more decidedly feminine overall. Stuff like this should also make the traditional watch industry a bit jealous, given the very slick visual look and engineering. This is perhaps the most formal and elegant of the bands for women, and is a logical "step up" from the more basic Apple Watch Classic Buckle if something more colorful and interesting is needed. This is also a premium option, given that compared to the $49 - $149 prices of the other Apple Watch straps, the Apple Watch Modern Buckle is $249. Consider this the "lifestyle" strap for women who want their Apple Watch to look classy."

3. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

Congrats! And great price. My wife absolutely LOVES her modern buckle. You should check it out. She also likes the woven nylon bands. She seems to have a lot of fun matching her various bands to her outfit.

4. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

I hope you like yours. I went with the 42mm size and was concerned about it looking more masculine but it doesn't look that way to me now. There is a Ladies Only thread under the AW Accessories area you might enjoy checking out...bands and such stuff. Focus is on watch looks for women. http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ladies-only-thread-accessories-and-more.1897768/

It took me a little bit to find my way around the interface (the online guide really is useful if you sit down with it :)--downloadable as an iBook); and periodically I would try adding or learning new things to do with mine since it really can do a lot with it if you know it's there. Found a group of things I like to do with mine and sure you will to.

I will second the new woven bands as being very comfortable, especially as summer approaches. One of my favorite go-to bands right now.

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Not sure if you bought the original Milanese Loop from Apple but you can get one on Amazon for $20.00. I've owned both and can't tell the difference.

http://www.amazon.com/Unique-JETech...op&qid=1463471830&ref_=sr_1_sc_2&sr=8-2-spell

6. ssledoux thread starter macrumors 6502

ssledoux

Bought a knockoff Milanese loop from Amazon. I got the one that said it was a"Best Seller." It had almost 5 stars with 800+ reviews I believe.

I'd like to get a couple more bands (I will probably never actually wear the white sport band). I'm looking to get a third-party sport band in a couple different colors, a leather band, and maybe a nylon as well. Any suggestions for the better third-party ones to purchase?

7. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

The 3rd party sport bands are crap, they're silicone and pick up lint and dust like crazy! I've returned two, one MoKo and one generic from Amazon, I wouldn't wear them they were so bad. Right now I'm still sporting the original lavender sports band and haven't found any on Amazon that I would wear.

8. ssledoux thread starter macrumors 6502

ssledoux

Well that sucks. I guess I'll just look at other options; maybe I can find some of the Apple ones on eBay for a good price. I just want a color other than white, although I don't really LOVE the sports band colors.

9. kkkace macrumors newbie

kkkace

10. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Probably the same one I got from JE Tech.

11. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

All about what you consider feminine. First time I heard the watch looking masculine. Bands are pretty neutral. There are many color options. Maybe a couple nice leather bands.

12. ssledoux thread starter macrumors 6502

ssledoux

Yeah it's true it is people's perceptions. I guess it seems masculine to me because I've always worn fairly small, round, bracelet-style watches; most recently a smaller faced Michael Kors in silver, which was pretty identical to the 3 Citizen watches I'd had before it (I don't get out the box much). ;-p

I've ordered the loop, have a red leather band in my cart (I think I'd like that for our Disney trip in a few months), and am going to try and get a couple more to play around with.