Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrewsd

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2008
USA/BAYERN(bavaria)
nice vid

That wifi trick/3 unrestricter is very cool and would have been nice when i was back in the states skyping my friends via the iphone but now I am over in Europe so my iPhone is in airplane mode..I have always wanted to unlock it and jailbreak it but I am worried about DNF mode. Any tips man.

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
That wifi trick/3 unrestricter is very cool and would have been nice when i was back in the states skyping my friends via the iphone but now I am over in Europe so my iPhone is in airplane mode..I have always wanted to unlock it and jailbreak it but I am worried about DNF mode. Any tips man.

Great that you like it. DNF mode? Do you mean DFU mode? And there is nothing to worry about! It truly is easy and you can always go back if you want. I have jailbroken over 10 iPhones and iPod Touch's and have never had a problem. It's extremely easy and stable! Good luck!!!!:):)

dayloon

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2005
Stafford, UK
Nice video !!

Silly question but how did you change your sound scheme ? I noticed when you press your keypad, you have a deeper "click" sound instead of the default. Hope that makes sense lol

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
Nice video !!

Silly question but how did you change your sound scheme ? I noticed when you press your keypad, you have a deeper "click" sound instead of the default. Hope that makes sense lol

Oh yes, that is the Blackberry Storm Click. It's in Cydia available in the modmyi source. Activate with Winterboard.

ozzyman500

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2009
Cool video. I currently use SBSettings and Five Icon Dock (easier to move icons around). iProtector looks pretty sweet but pricey. Might be worth it though, meh.

EatMyApple

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2008
Great video!

I just picked up a couple of the ones you listed and didn't know about.

The QuickSMS is pretty awesome - Apple should integrate this!

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
It was nice to see these things in action, since I'm not jailbroken. Good video. I wouldn't say QuickSMS is number 1 though, IMO, but I'm not the messaging type. It also looked like you had to type in the phone number, which would be a pain. Anyway, good job! Every time I see your avatar, it kills me! :)

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
It was nice to see these things in action, since I'm not jailbroken. Good video. I wouldn't say QuickSMS is number 1 though, IMO, but I'm not the messaging type. It also looked like you had to type in the phone number, which would be a pain. Anyway, good job! Every time I see your avatar, it kills me! :)

The SMS program takes names too from your address book. You may have noticed the blue Address Book icon in the text box. He just wanted to type numbers instead.

SeanMcC

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
Minneapolis
Nice video. What theme are you using and where can I find boss paper?

He said the theme is GlasKart, and BossPaper is available in Cydia. (its still in beta so you need to go to Cydia and change the settings to ‘Hacker or Developer’ in the manage tab).

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008

Oh, I only put the numbers to not show my family/friends numbers to the world. But yes, If I type the letters instead at the top it will go through my contacts with those letters. And yes, my avatar Is cool:):)

Nice video. What theme are you using and where can I find boss paper?

I'm using the Glasklart theme. The Boss Paper is a beta now so it's a little tricky to add but in Cydia go into manage and change to developer mode. Then find the bigboss beta repo and add it. Then search in cydia for Boss Paper and your set!

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
Nice video !!

Did you ever figure out how to change it?

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
thanks Vandam500 lol you learn something new everyday on here

I didnt know about iprotect, i was using madvlock & now im using iprotect thanks, its much better i think

I think sbsettings should have been #1 thou, i think thats the best thing ever

Vandam on iRealQuickSMS is there something like that for Im messengers, where when i get a push message I could reply right there without opening the app

is there something out like that now?

and im waiting on bosspaper to be released,how is it on ram usage and battery,cause thats one of the main reasons I dont use winterboard

IBradMac

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2008
Ohio
Nice vid...:)

Man I can't wait until march to get my 3GS....114MB of free memory is fantastic! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.