OS X Top 5 Highlights for Mac Gamers in 2014 (Article Link)

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by TheGreatWumpus, Jan 29, 2014.

1. TheGreatWumpus macrumors regular

TheGreatWumpus

2. Dirtyharry50 macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

Good article. We're off to a great start in 2014 already just in the first month with a fair amount of goodness we know about to look forward to as well. I was glad to see a little hint there in a Gameagent article about Aspyr cooking up something big for 2014. I wonder what it could be? It will be fun to find out I'm sure. I'm also wondering what Feral might have up their sleeve next when known projects are released.

For me personally, Insurgency looks very cool of the newest releases. I checked and was happy to see a lot of people playing it the other night. And of course, Tomb Raider is wicked cool as we'd say around here.

It should be great year. Now all I have to do is try and catch up on all the great Mac games I already have! :D

3. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

The article mentions Macgamer.com, which evolved from MacGamersLedge. I used to write game reviews for them, loved the "ledge" name. :)

4. TheGreatWumpus thread starter macrumors regular

TheGreatWumpus

I remember that, just didn't mention it. I thought it was excessive info for this piece :p

I do want to talk about that in another series however. I didn't know you used to write reviews for them. That's cool! Anything stand out in your mind?

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Also wrote for InsideMacGames. Other than WoW, and an Old School Mac gamer article on Marathon, let me think about it and go find that old folder. A few gems were mixed in with the blah.* :)

*Not to imply that Mac gaming in general was more blah than the PC side. Of the games ported to the Mac, most of those games were top sellers and very popular on the PC side of things. The PC advantage is that there were more overall and good games available.

6. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Ok, found my folder. :) Outstanding games:
    Civilization II
    Railroad Tycoon II
    World of Warcraft
    Warcraft II
    Falcon 4.0
    Warbirds
    Chuck Yeager's Air Combat
    OSX Sky Fighters
    F/A-18
    X-Plane
    Unreal Tournament 2003
    Unreal

7. TheGreatWumpus thread starter macrumors regular

TheGreatWumpus

Good stuff! My interest in flying games only goes so far, but I was a big strategy and shooter fan. Played all those :)

8. edddeduck macrumors 68020

edddeduck

Our sleeves are fullys stocked for 2014 :D

To quote Bachman Turner Overdrive You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet ;)

Edwin

9. Dirtyharry50 macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

Hmm, that sounds good. :D

I used to have a couple of their albums as a kid. I loved the song, "Takin' Care of Business."