Top Rumor not Showing up on Mainpage

Greencardman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2003
Madison, WI
So yeah, for the past few days, the top most rumor doesn't display properly. It still has a space for it, but I can't see it. Then, if I select it with my mouse, the text shows up, incuding the title and all. Its like having white text that you can't see until you select it, but after I select it, it has the normal colors and everything. Its only on this site, and only on the top most rumor on the main page.

Using Win XP SP2 I.E. 6.0.2 (yeah I don't wanna hear about it, if I could afford a powerbook I would get one)

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Greencardman said:
So yeah, for the past few days, the top most rumor doesn't display properly. It still has a space for it, but I can't see it. Then, if I select it with my mouse, the text shows up, incuding the title and all. Its like having white text that you can't see until you select it, but after I select it, it has the normal colors and everything. Its only on this site, and only on the top most rumor on the main page.

Using Win XP SP2 I.E. 6.0.2 (yeah I don't wanna hear about it, if I could afford a powerbook I would get one)
Screenshot?

thanks

arn

Greencardman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2003
Madison, WI
Ok, its gone

Well, it didn't happen now, but it was hapening this morning when I took the screen shots. The first shot shows the page when I first navagate to it. the Second shows me selecting the text, and it shows up, and the third shows the page after I've deselected the text.

Attachments

jkeithh

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2002
Greencardman said:
Well, it didn't happen now, but it was hapening this morning when I took the screen shots. The first shot shows the page when I first navagate to it. the Second shows me selecting the text, and it shows up, and the third shows the page after I've deselected the text.

I had the same thing happen randomly throughout the weekend and I was using FireFoxand Safari both.

ScotRobson

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2004
Torquay UK
jkeithh said:
I had the same thing happen randomly throughout the weekend and I was using FireFoxand Safari both.
I have been having the exact same thing happening for the last few days at work but i thought it was just this computer.

The main stories in the middle of the page are missing, but when i move my mouse of them the lines appear one by one but not all of them. Im using IE at work on a PC - Its all we have :p

I dont have this problem at home on my mac though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.