Torn between keeping the 7 Plus or 7 after coming from 6s Plus

mjb59463

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2012
I had the 6s+ and the 6+ before, but I think I'm going to move from my 7 plus to
the 7 for the following reasons:

1. I take very few photos to begin with, despite having a better camera in the 7 plus,
that hasn't and will most likely never change.

2. Other than the occasional YouTube video, I don't watch movies or tv shows on my phone at all, never have.

3. While the 5.5 inch screen is nice to look at, it's become a bear to carry it around. Removing my Plus phone from my pocket to quickly respond to a text or check something has turned from a simple task into an uncomfortable dance.

I gave the Plus a fair shot for 2 full iPhone iterations, and will miss the battery life/1080p screen, but I need the phone that fits my lifestyle.

Here's to hoping that the next iPhone does away with the huge bezels. That's the only way I could see myself going Plus again.

Reactions: unobtainium

Gypsy36

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2013
Canada
If I were a betting gal, I'd place money on you really wanting to keep the seven. It sure sounds like that is what you want to do. So, keep the seven!

Reactions: unobtainium

rainafterthesun

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
5'4, and maybe I don't have small hands.

I notice it's the way you hold it that makes a diff imho.

I don't hold the 6s any diff from 7+ so it's fine for me. Both needs my pinky to support the bottom.

Attachments

Reactions: JOEBETA

DevinNj

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
I went into Best Buy intent on the 7, but that 7 plus was so nice to play with. I'm still on the fence. I had a 6s+ that I returned for a 6s and I really liked the smaller size. It was easier to manage, but this year I may just go back to the plus it was really nice.

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
That is such a hard question because there's not much difference if you're coming from a 6S Plus. It's easier to answer if you're coming from a 4.7" 6S like I did. I upgraded mainly for the larger display so that's not a reason for you.
I just know that Apple has a year to impress me next September because I'm not upgrading if the phone looks the same with the same screen resolution. The speed factor is no longer an issue on iPhones and I'm not a picture taker.

alohamade

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
I'm so thankful for everyone's thoughts on the matter. With everything said, I was mostly in favor of leaning toward the regular 7 (and likely still will), but...I had a look at that iPhone 7 Plus photography thread and kind of got swayed to keep the 7 Plus as well.

Granted, I'm not even sure if the photos from the 7 Plus are actually that much better from the 7? I know 2x zoom and Apple's "fusion" technology with the cameras comes into play, but I'm not exactly sure how that's translating to better shots versus the portrait mode that will be enabled among other things.

Would love more opinions!