Touch answers

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by KnucklesMahone, Sep 18, 2007.

1. KnucklesMahone macrumors member

If anyone has any questions about the ipod touch i will answer as best as i can. If no one does, the just lock this.

2. Brereton55 macrumors newbie

3. KnucklesMahone thread starter macrumors member

4. mithykal macrumors regular

Blendtec...duh :rolleyes:

5. KnucklesMahone thread starter macrumors member

I haven't tried with mine, but if you get one, give me an answer.;)

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

7. Scribble1412 macrumors newbie

To assist KnucklesMahone I will inform you that yes.. I do beleive it will blend. With the iPhone being thicker and also having more hardware to blend it should be fairly easy with the provided tools to blend the iPod Touch. With the two sharing the same binaries gives this answer a definate, Yes.

http://www.willitblend.com/videos.aspx?type=unsafe&video=iphone

;)

8. pushateg7 macrumors member

Do you have pictures of your good/bad screen?

If it's a good screen, can you show the pictures please?

9. KnucklesMahone thread starter macrumors member

I actually have a pefect screen. My brother took my digital camera for college, but if i can find one i'll try to post pictures.

10. rdf8585 macrumors regular

I hope these aren't TOO common:

1) Flash sites are a no-go because the thing doesn't support the flash plugin, right? What about pages w/ Java applets? Windows Media?

One of the things I would be doing with it is checking my fantasy sports scores... flash/java are heavy.

2) Is the size of your music collection the ONLY reason to go with 16 GB over 8 GB? I don't really need much more than 512 MB - 1 GB for music. I only carry a few songs I fall in love with; recycle in/out often.

11. aeropix macrumors newbie

Always buy the bigger drive. It's possible there will be more applications in the future that eat up space. Also you may love to watch video in future.

12. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

1) Do audio streams work well? What happens when you direct safari to this site?
    http://core.crystalone.net:9000/listen.pls

2) Also, is there any way to charge the iPod Touch without a USB cable to computer? In other words is there any kind of AC adapter?

Thanks!

13. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

1) Doesn't work.

2) You can buy an AC adapter for $30, or use any other dock-connector charger that you might have lying around from a previous iPod.

14. iShak macrumors 6502

how are the sync speeds? I've heard they are slowest of any other ipod?

15. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Seems to sync pretty normally, nothing noticeably different from other iPods....

ShadoW

16. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

Syncing 16gb on my old ipod photo.. about 45-60 minutes.

Syncing 16gb on the Touch. 7.5 hours... had to leave it overnight.

Sync with nothing to do on photo - about 5 seconds.
    Sync with nothing to do on touch - 2 minutes (it always resyncs the contacts and bookmarks even if they haven't changed.. probably a bug that will be fixed so the time can be reduced somewhat).

It's a *lot* slower. Some of that is because it isn't compatible with firewire so you're limited to USB speeds, but that doesn't account for all of it.

17. The Gelding macrumors newbie

@Tony

Thats odd mine synced (16gb) about 14.5 gigs worth of data in less than an hour, sync was done on a new Imac 2.4 on USB.

18. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

Mine's a mac mini so it's presumably much the same software.. no reason yours would be faster that I can see. The mini aint fast, but copying files isn't exactly cpu intensive.

19. wizzracer macrumors 6502

wizzracer

Mine too, It did not take that to sync 5 movies and 500 songs. I did have to stop it cause I had it set for my 80gig. So I had to uncheck some stuff.

20. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

I've seen the slowness mentioned in a couple of reviews, so it's not just me.. there must be a 'don't go at the speed of a slug' setting somewhere I guess. I'm not really that familiar with osx so don't know where its settings for things like USB are.

Of course if the sync is CPU intensive that explains it.. the mini really isn't up to the job of anything needing CPU - one of the itunes updates (the one that added gapless playback) took over 12 hours to complete! That was because it had to change every single mp3 file on the system. Unfortunately the touch is incompatible with all my windows boxes so I'm stuck with it.

21. wizzracer macrumors 6502

wizzracer

The first thing I found out is I had to setup my website server songs and videos to H264 so I could watch them.

Does this mean the IPT will not support flash or media player files. Even on youtube some files will not play. I assume not all files are in MP4 format on there.
    And why does Safari crash when you try to use smilie's?

22. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

I guess some kind of flash support will appear sometime. Flash video is harder.. AFAIK the only flash players that support it fully are the adobe ones, and they don't produce players for mobile devices. j2me would be nice too.. I presume the iphone supports it so it's just a matter of porting.

Windows media files aren't going to happen, ever. Microsoft are not going to license that technology to their biggest competitor!

Luckily h264 is where video is heading in the future so it's not going to be a problem.

23. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

Because there is something wrong with your safari!

24. wizzracer macrumors 6502

wizzracer

I figured that out with media player. As for me spending $1200.00 for Corel master collection CS3 chaps my ass! I now have to go buy Apple final cut studio 2 cause I know apple is replacing windows. Its about time to!

One reason I bought Two more Domain names applewifitouch.com and ipodwifitouch.com cause it's going to be Mac world soon. Now lets make sure they renew the net neutrality act before big brother sells us out!