iPad Touch sensitivity reduced on Air 2?

rgusa8

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
Coming from an iPad 3 here, just got the Air 2 yesterday and I'm noticing some reduced touch sensitivity here and there. On iMessage, I usually have to tap the send button twice in order for it to send. Also, on the Simpsons Tapped Out, a lot of the taps don't register at first, have to tap things repeatedly sometimes. Meanwhile. Things like typing on the keyboard respond instantly, so I'm hoping it's just an OS issue and not hardware related?

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68000
Dec 28, 2009
Coming from an iPad 3 here, just got the Air 2 yesterday and I'm noticing some reduced touch sensitivity here and there. On iMessage, I usually have to tap the send button twice in order for it to send. Also, on the Simpsons Tapped Out, a lot of the taps don't register at first, have to tap things repeatedly sometimes. Meanwhile. Things like typing on the keyboard respond instantly, so I'm hoping it's just an OS issue and not hardware related?
I noticed it too. I think its iOS 8 in general.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Same issues here. Very random and only once in a while. But iMessage has that slight delay always before I can hit send. On my air 2 and original.

iOS 8 is a just a giant pain for so many stupid little things.

donnaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2011
Austin TX
I've had the same issue with the keyboard. But I had it on my Air 1 too. I'm pretty sure it's OS-related. Just like the freezing. I was hoping it would be corrected with the last update but it wasn't. Seems like my iPad freezes up when typing 5-6 times a day. Really beginning to tick me off.

Celedral

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2008
Los Angeles
I've applied a Tempered glass on it and it lost about 30% sensitivity when scrolling with the side of my finger. No noticeable difference before I applied it.

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
no sensitivity reduction, but have occasionally had a lack of response when clicking google links, pretty sure its an ios bug

ipadlvr

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2014
It is the software. App is busy doing something else.

sethlution

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2011
I think it's a problem with ios itself. My 5S sometimes fail to register touch as well. The irony is that it never had this problem while I was running 8.1 beta. It only starts appearing when I restore to the offcial release version. :rolleyes:

Release

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2012
I'm noticing the same thing. What's weird though is that if I repeat the exact same things with a stylus, I don't notice any decrease in sensitivity. Even tapping lightly with the stylus picks things up. No idea why a stylus would pick things up better than a finger. Usually it the other way around.

Berkeley384

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2014
I have the exact same issue - to me it can't be a touch issues as the buttons clearly change colour indicating the screen has sensed the touch, but the game does not acct the command

Anyone have the link to the EA thread ?

sanke1

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2010
It's iOS 8 problem. Apple have done some under the hood changes to make sure Android users don't feel bad about Lollipop anymore.

In all seriousness, some responsiveness has been lost since iOS 8. The worst release ever by :apple:.