Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KyPosey

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2008
Louisville, Ky
i now work for Verizon so i am almost positive i will get a touch and ditch my iphone...since i will be paying nothing for my cell service.

ajones46

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
Monroe, Michigan
So you're switching too? I wonder what would happen if everyone got fed up and decided to switch from iPhone to dumb-phone + iPod touch. I wonder if that would change AT&Ts ways. Imagine that.

I've never really thought about it that way but maybe it would be a good idea for Apple to make the next touch have all the features of the 3GS to break ties with AT&T.

GroovyLinuxGuy

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2006
Canada
I use an OpenMoko Neo FreeRunner for my day to day needs phone needs (talk and text) and my Touch for everything else. I have a backup phone for when I hack my OpenMoko into non-functionality which is an LG Neon (just got that one after my Samsung Jack died)

amammad

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2005
I've currently got an iPhone, but I'm seriously considering moving away from the iPhone and doing an iPod touch + go-phone because I'm a very light talker, but I still want touch features and wifi.

OMG

How many more threads can you start about leaving the iPhone?! :eek: :D

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
OMG

How many more threads can you start about leaving the iPhone?! :eek: :D

Well, I figured iPod touch users knew more about what it's like to have an iPod touch plus a non-iPhone. Would you leave me alone already. I'm trying to get a feel for what people are using who are in my situation.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
So my question is... what are you currently using for a cell phone and what works well for you?

In addition to my iPod touch's, I have an iPhone 3GS.

It's nice to have both. The Wolfson chipset in the iPod touch is so much better that the Cirrus Logic chipset in the iPhone 3GS.

Also I need something to play games on without killing my phone. I run out of batteries before the end of the day everyday, so I can't imaging how much shorter the battery life could get if I was playing games on it too.

chstr

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
I now use verizon mifi and dropped the data on my iphone. its the perfect combination for me because I love the user interface of the iphone, just hate the slow data network

The Tuck

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2003
I'm using a Sony Ericsson S500i and I love it. It's a couple years old, but held up very well and I get along just fine with a 16gb iPod touch (2nd gen). Phone in the right pocket, iPod in the left pocket whenever I leave!

-The Tuck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.