Toy Bot Diaries

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by eudell, Aug 12, 2008.

1. eudell macrumors newbie

Has anyone taken the plunge with this one yet? Is it worth it? It received some airtime on TouchArcade a few days ago, and looked interesting ...

/e.

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

playing it now. I really liking it.

It's hard to tell how much gameplay is in it. But the game itself is very fun.

It's a platform physics puzzler. you have a grappling hook and magnetic shoes. You use those to get past obstacles/ puzzles.

arn

3. eudell thread starter macrumors newbie

TA Review?

Thanks Arn. Will TouchArcade be running a full-blown review on this one?

4. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

5. eudell thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Again

Thanks for posting a review so quickly, Arn. Trying the game now. Couldn't agree with you more -- it's very, very polished.

e.

6. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I've made it a fair way through, but not really being careful about picking up all the data pads, but am really stuck now somewhere in level 3.

arn

7. Surely Guest

Surely

Thanks for the review. I remember seeing a preview of it on Toucharcade.

That game looks awesome, I love platform physics puzzlers.

There goes another $3.99...... :D:cool:

8. wok macrumors member

This looks like a great addition to the appstore, thanks for the quick review Arn. If anyone does finish this "episode" could they post their game length estimate? 4 Levels sounds like it could be really small or long depending on the game.

Much appreciated.

9. imho macrumors newbie

I brought it when a friend recommended it this morning. Seems like a darn long 4 levels to me (1+ hr and still at lvl3...) and its only 3.99. I'm really enjoying it. I think even after i complete it, i probably will play it again since i'm missing quite a lot of these collectible chips in the levels i'd cleared... You need to collect all the chips to see all the comic...

I read at QB that this is episodic. So entry 1 means episode 1 i guess. Not sure how many episodes there will be, but if the subsequent episodes are 3.99 with this quality, i'll buy them all!

10. Surely Guest

Surely

So I've played this game during lunch today and a little after dinner tonight.

Very cool game- So far it's not extremely hard, but it's challenging enough to keep me playing. I can see that it's getting harder as I play. And it's fun :)

I most definitely recommend it. :D

11. yoman macrumors 6502a

yoman

Its a little short for the price.

I admit it is a well polished title but it is relatively short. There are really only 3 levels plus one boss level. After that you're done. It is fun though and I look forward to the next episodes. Hopefully they will bundle all them together for a more reasonable price.

12. MarkW19 macrumors 65816

Fantastic game, but way too short. I feel a bit ripped-off, as there's little replay value.

Hoping "Entry 2" will be either a free upgrade, or discounted for past purchasers...