Track pad or Magic Mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Medic278, May 4, 2012.

?

Which do you prefer magic mouse or track pad?

1. Magic Mouse

26 vote(s)
    44.1%
  2. Track Pad

33 vote(s)
    55.9%
  1. Medic278, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012

Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

So I was wondering what everyone prefers. I have a track pad obviously on my MBP and I also go the track pad in lieu of the magic mouse for my iMac. So the other day I went out and got a wireless keyboard and a magic mouse for my MBP for the bedroom setup. I was wondering which one people prefer and why? After using the magic mouse a lot, as I use my MBP much more than my iMac I have to say I am really impressed with the magic mouse. I like how it incorporates gestures and is far more accurate than the track pad, but thats just my opinion. What do you think?

2. Medic278 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Medic278

Seems the track pad is popular, any particular reason? The magic mouse is more accurate for photoshop work and what not.

3. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    You need to include a third category: both. I use both the Magic Trackpad and the Magic Mouse in conjunction with each other.

4. Medic278 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Medic278

Is there a way I can edit the poll?

5. Drew017 macrumors 65816

Drew017

Trackpad

I like the trackpad, because your fingers don't stick to it as they do with the mouse sometimes. Plus, you have all the awesome gestures! It does more. I do like the mouse, though.

6. Medic278 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Medic278

The only gesture that isn't supported by the magic mouse is the four finger one to launch mission control, but all the others work. I got the track pad at first with my iMac cause the salesman made it sound like the greatest thing since sliced bread. But now that I am using the magic mouse with my MBP I am starting to like it a lot.

7. nissan.gtp macrumors 6502

I love the mouse, used one since it came out, but have switched over to the trackpad. Took a little getting used to, but I really like it (and the Lion "natural" scrolling really makes sense with the pad).

8. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

I have and use both regularly. The mouse is the one I couldn't do without.

9. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

I find the mouse VERY difficult to use compared to the trackpad and ordinary mice. The pointer doesn't move nicely or smoothly. I bought both with my MBA, but would gladly sell my Magic Mouse. When I bought my Mini I bought a trackpad to go with it, not a mouse.

10. plucky duck macrumors 6502

I have both but I use the mouse much more often.

11. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I recently received a Wacom Bamboo Pad and stylus. Before that I used the MM all the time, but am now using the pad on my iMac. I still have an MM paired with my Pro, but don't use it that much...Trackpads take a while to get used to, but once you have they are far more versa tie than the mouse on it's own.

12. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

I think it IS all about what you get used to. I find it interesting that more people seem to like the trackpad better than the mouse. I thought it would be the other way around. Of course, there hasn't been that much activity in the thread yet. :)

13. Medic278 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Medic278

I should have added the Bamboo tablet to the choices I have one as well and I love. Although I primarily use it for photo editing because it is so accurate and it makes life a lot easier.

14. winterlocked macrumors member

I prefer the trackpad. The magic mouse is super awkward for gestures. You're probably not seeing many responses from magic mouse owners because they're all dead from carpal tunnel.

15. ljonesj macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

lol i find the trackpad makes my carpal tunnel hurt worse especially the one on my macbooks

16. Liquinn Suspended

I prefer the mouse for Photoshop work but; the trackpad's more better for gestures I find.

17. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

Ditto

18. davidinva macrumors 6502a

19. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Apple is the master of brilliant TrackPads, & gestures. Yet it's all in what one is used to, or willing to learn. The type of work one does is also a factor.

Personally I use a lot of keyboard shortcuts, one of the fastest & most accurate input methods of all. The drawback is many people lack the patience or willingness to learn them.

My second favorite is a Magic TrackPad for my Mac Pro, I quit using a mouse the day that my Apple Store received the first shipment of TrackPads. But then again I'd been using TrackPads on my Apple laptops for years. Therefore my level of comfort & skill was very high.

There is no wrong choice. Nor is speed a big priority for many users. Whatever works for you.

20. moonbeep macrumors member

moonbeep

Logitech Mice was all i used in my PC days,have a magic mouse at present but have an Magic Trackpad ordered,looking for word to using it:)

21. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

Both. Wasn't really a big Apple mouse fan until the Magic Mouse. It's really great, IMO.

22. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

I think it depends on what you're using it for. I love having a trackpad on my MacBook and if I ever get an iMac I'm getting a Magic Trackpad. I have found that with playing some games on my MacBook I can get faster reaction and more accuracy using a mouse, either a Magic Mouse or just an old one plugged in.

23. rpmor macrumors member

i have both (well technically one) but i have a dedicated mouse as well (didn't like the ergonomics of the magic mouse and for me at least felt uncomfortable to go from regular use to gestures on the fly)

24. moonbeep macrumors member

moonbeep

The Magic mouse is very good but I have a Magic Trackpad ordered,at least if one fails i will have a spare,same way i keep 2 keyboards,,,,,,,,,

25. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

The MT is a little weird, but I don't need it as much as I'm on a MBP most of the time. I do use a digitizer for graphic work, though.