Track Santa's Journey From the North Pole With Google's Web-Based Santa Tracker

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 24, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

For MacRumors readers who continue to believe in Santa Claus or for those who have young children, Google today launched its annual Santa tracking feature, allowing Santa to be tracked in real time on his journey from the North Pole as he prepares to deliver presents around the world.

Google has offered its fun Santa tracking feature for fifteen years now, providing a little digital magic for children across the globe.

[​IMG]

You can track Santa using a web browser on an iPhone, iPad, or Mac by visiting Google's official Santa tracking website. The site is designed to show a live map of Santa's current location, his next stop, a live video feed of his journey, and the estimated time that he will arrive in your location.

The website provides pictures of locations Santa has already visited, a live count of gifts that have been delivered, and his current distance from your location. There are also a selection of games to play and videos to watch on the site.

[​IMG]

There are also other Santa tracking services, such as the NORAD Tracks Santa Claus app and website, but Google's is the most detailed and the best option to check out if you want to enjoy a bit of holiday fun.

At the time this article was posted, Santa was spotted in Nigata, Japan, after having just visited Tokyo.

Article Link: Track Santa's Journey From the North Pole With Google's Web-Based Santa Tracker

2. max.ine macrumors regular

max.ine

Thanks, MR! I can’t wait for Santa to come!

3. BootsWalking macrumors 6502a

You can track Santa on Apple Maps too. Right now it says Santa is flying 500 feet under the Pacific Ocean.

4. decafjava macrumors 68030

decafjava

What do you mean "continue"? What are you implying?? Santa isn't real?????? :(

5. Dj64Mk7 macrumors 65816

You mean my entire existence is a lie?

6. vicviper789 macrumors regular

He must be using Apple maps then

7. Shiro_Simba Suspended

Shiro_Simba

He is in dark mode ....

8. Slippery Gimp macrumors member

“For MacRumors readers who continue to believe in the Mac Pro, a tracker is available via Google”

9. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

I bumped into him a few months ago, on the south pole, he was looking for his house since he left last year..., I told him to use Apple maps since Google maps isn't always accurate too...:p

Seems he found his way.:)

10. 69Mustang macrumors 603

69Mustang

Perry, Perry, Perry... you can't counter a mildly amusing joke with the joke equivalent of "I know you are but what am I". You were much better off just letting it be. Happy holidays bud.

11. TMRJIJ macrumors 68030

TMRJIJ

Seems accurate to me.
    ....but Santa Claus is real though, right? RIGHT?!?!? :eek:

12. Spoon! macrumors 6502

Spoon!

That’s the joke.

13. Dustin Lenzz macrumors newbie

Dustin Lenzz

Santa to confirm to Kyrie Irving that the Earth has a bend greater than 400 microns - hence, not flat!

14. UnusedLoginID macrumors member

In other news, Qualcomm is sueing Santa for using enhanced-speed technology that Qualcomm says they applied a patent for in Lapland. Santa has counter-sued for libel and defamation saying that the North Pole is in International waters and thus Qualcomm’s lawsuit has no merit.

15. edvj macrumors regular

16. riverfreak macrumors 65816

riverfreak

It seems nobody is safe from Google’s pervasive tracking. I wonder what kinds of ads they serve up to Santa and Mrs C.

17. rmoliv macrumors 6502a

18. UnusedLoginID macrumors member

This is going to be a long lawsuit… ! :)

19. Shiro_Simba Suspended

Shiro_Simba

Forget google , Santa has been tracking us all for a very very long time . Imagine what his lists are worth .... knows if you and naughty or good , and has analytics to get the right present each year ;) ......

20. decafjava macrumors 68030

decafjava

The NSA and KGB are nothing compared to Santa...

21. Lioness~ macrumors 65816

Lioness~

Ok, you won’t participate in the election of the role playing of Santa next year either, sorry.
    I think I qualified at 7 or 8, next year I was the Santa :p

For what it’s worth there are so many Santa’s out there, that it makes my head spin.

22. ThomasJL macrumors 6502a

The existence of Santa Claus is more plausible than the existence of an updated Mac Pro.

23. pat500000 macrumors G3

pat500000

Target located, sir.

Fire at will!

(Missile launched)

24. Mr Staunton macrumors regular

I think Santa sold the naughty list, I keep getting calls from Mumbai.

25. 69Mustang macrumors 603

69Mustang

Breaking News: Illegal immigrant, Santa Claus has been detained at the border crossing in Laredo, TX. Sleigh filled with contraband was confiscated via civil forfeiture. Elves were also detained and sent to separate facility. Law enforcement officials, fearful for their lives, shot all reindeer. Being Texas, of course the meat was immediately cured and stored in a nearby Prepper underground shelter.

Christmas may be delayed by a few weeks (or months) until the matter is sorted.