Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@Daniel Shin: Very strange, as the file was uploaded as long ago as on 28th of August, and in fact a few thousands of people downloaded it already since that day. Everybody confirms the file is up-to-date. Also, I just personally checked the download, and the file works for me.

Daniel Shin

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2013
Please post the download file again!

Actually, I visited to the file cluster which is linked with your homepage and find out "Trackpad++ Driver and Control Module 2.4b". The file name is "Trackpad_Plus_Plus_Driver_Control_Module_Setup_24b_08202013.exe" and I clicked the file but there is no response.
Would you please post the download file on this forums or send me it.

khaneliman

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2013
I don't know why, but you're website doesn't load for me anymore on my laptop or phone. It just times out trying to load.

Daniel Shin

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2013
It works!

:DHi, Vladimir
I did it. I was just confused because I was not aware of that I need to select the server on the right side of the web site. That's my fault.
Another tool you provided is also great. Both of them are exactly what I wanted for my Macbook Air.
Thank you very much for your help, and I became a big fan of you!!!

Last edited:

CocaCoca

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2010
Dear Vladimir, so is there any beta version with the 2 finger zoom enabled? :eek: I don't use the old zoom gesture because I can't live without 3 finger drag.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@CocaCoca: Please contact me via email.

@ALL: As promised, here are the final news regarding the 2-finger zoom (pinch-to-zoom) gesture. This gesture is nearly ready, and will soon become available in Trackpad++ for Macbook Air Mid-2013, and will work both in Windows 7 and 8/8.1. The not-yet-announced Late-2013 Macbook Pro/Retina refresh will receive this gesture as well, if they come with the same trackpad hardware as the Haswell Macbook Air (for those who do not know, trackpad hardware was silently changed with Mid-2013 update, for the first time since ~2009). Now about the rest of the Macbooks: they are not receiving this gesture, because of the limitations of the previous trackpad hardware. In OS X this works, but in Boot Camp I could not manage to make this gesture stable, despite of high hopes at some previous stage. I know this is not what everybody wanted. Including me. So, now we got at least one formal reason to update to Haswell ;)

justiny123

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2013
@ Vlad

Vladamir,

You have created a fantastic tool for us trackpad users to unlock the power of windows 8! Thank you for your diligent work.

Are you planning to support Magic Trackpad in future releases?

I'd be happy to pay a decent $ for the privilege.
Cannot stand using magic trackpad with the standard crappy bootcamp drivers, I do not even have horizontal scrolling!!!!

Justin

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@justiny123: The work has started; it's on an extremely early stage, however... So, I would not hope for Magic Trackpad support in 2013. The problem is, there is literally nothing common between the bluetooth trackpad and the internal trackpad (nothing common from the driver developer's point of view).

Last edited:

Dirt Bringer

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2013
@V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

Any word on Inertial scrolling and if/when that will be available to the 2013 MBA? It's a really cool feature in OSX.

mcb2003

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013
Sacramento, California, USA
@rpinky: Thank you very much for willing to donate and support my efforts.

It's so abnormally strange the page is not available for some people. Are you on the AT&T network? I think all of the few unavail. reports I got so far are from there. Maybe you could call your provider and ask why.

To donate: please send the donation via PayPal to vladimir.fcluster@gmail.com , just name it, e.g. 'Trackpad++ Donation' and also specify your preferred email in the comment so that I know to whom shall I respond. Thank you.

It's not so strange. Your ISP may have been blacklisted by AT&T. Since I have AT&T both at home and at work, I have no way to access your website. The mirror you provided worked for downloading, and the above information tells me how to pay, but there is one other thing: how much?

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@Dirt Bringer: Definitely the inertial scrolling is in my plans, so keep an eye on the future releases. Maybe it will become available before the end of the year. So far, Trackpad++ 'natural'/accelerated mode should be much better than too sensitive yet linear implementation of the Boot Camp-native driver. Although such an option (to keep BC-native scrolling) is given in the Trackpad++ Control Module, as some people got used to such behavior and wanted to have it even with the Trackpad++.

Cheers,
Vladimir

Last edited:

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@All: A small tip (while I'm trying to figure out how to unblock). Even if you're inside the AT&T network, you can use some good proxy site (e.g. www.newipnow.com) and browse the website of the Trackpad++ project with its help.

Last edited:

raab

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2010
Would it be possible to make some of those windows 8 gestures optional? I for example use start8 and completely disable the charm bar and start screen. I would really love to be able to have 2 finger back/forward instead of 3. Would this be possible in the future?

Any update on this?

Also, is it possible to have double tap to highlight with drag lock?

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@raab: No news yet, but this is the future, definitely. If I understood you correctly, you ask about 1-finger dragging. This feature was there, but was too unreliable (accidental dragging!), and such accidental dragging can be dangerous, especially in file manager or office programs. So, I removed this feature from Trackpad++ 2.4 a few months ago (but left in ver. 2.3!). What Trackpad++ currently offers is: classic 2-finger (with click) dragging which has great precision, and 3-finger dragging which has great convenience for general usage.

Last edited:

mcb2003

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013
Sacramento, California, USA
@ALL: If you cannot open both the original web site of the project and the mirror (see a few posts above), please let me know. The mirror is hosted by a US company, the server is on the US ground, so it shall be 100% available there.

I just tried both the old URL and the new (via AT&T, since I have no other option besides a proxy server), and neither worked for me. Google has a cached copy of part of the new (USA) website that dates to about October 13th, but not of the downloads themselves.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@Humex: As of today, formally no, but actually it already offers good 'precision' in nearly all meanings ;)

@mcb2003: Mirror is a legit US-hosted website, so I think you have to contact your provider AT&T. You have the right to access legit US-hosted site, don't you? So please ask them why you can't do it.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@ALL: If you got the brand new Late-2013 Retina MBP, please email me, as your (simple) help could really speed up supporting the new model.

(Just to remind, currently only Mid-2009 to Early-2013 MBP/rMBP and Late-2010 to Mid-2013 MBA are supported in Trackpad++).

samss251

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2013
Good Job.

I love your effort Sir. Without this Windows on Mac is so annoying. Thanks for this great piece of effort :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.