traffic in notification center

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by uptheforest, Jul 29, 2013.

1. uptheforest macrumors newbie

hey guys!

can anyone please help me on getting traffic in NC? i see alot of people talking about destination time and other options being available in NC but i cannot add this feature.

2. Smith288 macrumors 65816

Smith288

It takes time and needs to understand a set schedule.

3. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

...and make sure you have all of the traffic and "today" notifications associated with traffic turned on.

4. uptheforest thread starter macrumors newbie

so would i need to add my whole schedule into my calendar?

as in hours 8am-5pm work 1.. 7pm-2am work 2, etc?

5. chaldean macrumors member

6. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

No.
    But when you drive to the same place every morning and then return home to the same place every evening it begins to learn the pattern.
    If you don't have a pattern that it can't learn and nothing will show up.

7. uptheforest thread starter macrumors newbie

i get what youre saying, yet can't seem to get to that part of the settings within mail. it hasnt done it naturally and ive tried all of the betas and done the same routine everyday.

is there something i need to enable?\

thanks!

8. jutte64 macrumors regular

go to setting - notification center - and make sure Next Destination is turned on. It should be. Then you just have to drive for a couple days. Make sure you location services are turned on too.

9. NiKeZz macrumors 6502

NiKeZz

What does it define as a pattern? Every morning I leave my house between 8:55 and 9:05. Never any earlier or later. I drive to the same office everyday, except Saturday & Sunday. On Monday's, I go straight home. On Tuesdays I go to the soccer complex. On Wednesday's, I go home. On Thursday's, I go home. On Friday's, I go to the soccer complex. All of this immediately after work. Because of the alternating activities during the week, does this kick it out of being a pattern? Seems weird how it determines an activity to be a pattern.

Edit: It has not displayed a "next destination" information in my notification center at all during my use of the beta.

10. scoop2mylue macrumors 6502a

scoop2mylue

settings - privacy - location services - system services - frequent locations

11. NiKeZz, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2013

NiKeZz macrumors 6502

NiKeZz

It's been on since I joined the beta on July 31st. Settings was never the issue. :p

[​IMG]

12. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

I'm in the same boat here too. I have all the settings on, including Frequent Locations, Traffic and Next Destination. I've been using Apple Maps exclusively for just under three weeks, driving to work every morning leaving my house between 6:45-7:00am, and driving home after work every day leaving between 5:30-6:00pm. My frequent locations shows 16 visits to my home since July 23. I've NEVER got it to show.

How much more of a pattern does it need?

13. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

Ok, that's odd. I haven't been able to get the traffic to show in NC, and posted my response above yesterday stating this. Now today, I just looked at my NC screen at around 3pm, and it now shows how long my commute would be if I left work now for home!

Not sure what made it start working. I didn't change any settings between yesterday and today. Only thing I did last night was update to Beta5. But not sure if it's just a coincidence, was it from the Beta update, or has it finally "learned" my pattern? But either way, it's working!

Is there anyone else who was having trouble getting it to work, now working after an update to Beta5?

14. Riverton macrumors member

Anyone else still having issues with this? I've double and triple checked all my Settings, and I'm still not getting the Next Destination information in my Notification Center. :(

15. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

When did you update to iOS 7? It takes 2 full weeks to learn your driving patterns. Then it will start to display the information for you during the 3rd week.

16. Riverton macrumors member

I got my 5s two weeks ago. Thanks for the info.

17. Colonel Badger macrumors 6502

Does that include the option appearing under Notification Center in settings. Right now I have no Traffic option there. I've checked a few other devices running iOS 7 and none of them have a Traffic option in the Notification Center settings. From screen shots I see there should be.

18. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

No traffic option under NC settings. It falls under today summary and next destination.