Transaction animations in iOS poll

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by lancastor, Jun 16, 2013.

?

What do think about the new transcaction animations in iOS7?

1. Animations are slowing down the user experience. Too much animations

45.2%
  2. Great feeling. Animations are smooth and nicely to use them all

54.8%
  1. lancastor macrumors 6502a

What do think about the new transcaction animations in iOS7?

2. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

What are these "transaction" animations. Money?

3. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Putting this out as a poll for a beta 1 release is as pointless as a chocolate fireguard. The animations are nowhere near optimised.

4. KenAFSPC macrumors 6502a

The animation lengths (a defined number of milliseconds in OS parameters) made it through dozens of internal betas.

Please don't confuse animation performance with animation length (which has nothing to do with performance). Everyone agrees that performance should improve between now and release.

5. batting1000 macrumors 604

Do I get money every time I open and close apps?

----------

So did the new design, features, and icons. Doesn't mean they can't be tweaked or changed.

6. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I gotta disagree with you here. It was talked about it another thread too. The animations seem to be working perfectly and as intended. The issue is are they too long by design. Personally it doesn't bother me all that much, but it is noticeable.

7. lancastor thread starter macrumors 6502a

In iOS5 there was a jailbreak tweak called "FakeClockUp". It had speeded up the core animations significant and the phone felt much more snappier.

I hope Apple is tweaking the delay little bit. Now the phone feels like back to iPhone 3G speed. Now I have to wait for the animation is finished, then I can continue my work.

8. VTECaddict macrumors 6502

The new home screen animations are too slow. They need to be 1.5-2x the current speed. I find myself just waiting for the animation to finish so that I can tap on the next thing.

9. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

Given a toggle switch, I would leave them off regardless of speed.

10. AdamA9 macrumors 6502a

Absolutely detest them. It takes an age to come out of one app, minimise the folder, open a new folder and launch a new app.

I'm all about speed, this is irritating as hell. What's the point of having a speed bump phone (5s) if you're going to slow down performance by way of introducing slow animations.

If they're not removed or an option to remove by the final build it's a deal-breaker for me.

11. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

An age?? It takes less then a second on mine.

12. AdamA9 macrumors 6502a

I've just timed leaving facebook and going into settings. It took my iPhone 5 almost 6 seconds to do this.

Leave facebook via home button
    Minimise folder
    Open new folder
    Open settings

I'd love to see a video of your phone doing this quicker than 5 seconds.

13. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

How about leaving Facebook out of the folder if its such a problem?

14. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Yet another thread on the new animations.

Personally i like then but some are quite slow, though i presume these will be sped up in later betas. Surely all the extra code in this first beta will slow down the system, animations etc.

15. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

I missundertood you, sorry. I thought you meant an action (like in our out of folder) and not a chain of actions together. Yes... on my iPhone 5 that's what it takes as well I jump from app to app mostly through app switcher and I don't do much in and out of folders.

16. AdamA9 macrumors 6502a

Facebook was an example. I know this is the BETA and a lot can change. Was just voicing my opinion that unless they sort out the animation speed, it's a deal breaker for me.

What's the point of having folders if I have leave my important apps outside of them to access them quicker?

Fingers crossed this is fixed before the public release.

17. Feed Me macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

I think the animations will be sped up in the oncoming betas.

In iOS 6 you can bounce between apps like a maniac, but on iOS 7 you're forced to waltz through all these slow animations and side-scrolls to find and launch apps in the new multitasking switcher and home screen.

18. TC03 macrumors 65816

I don't like the choices the poll offers.

I like animations, but they should be fast (short duration) and smooth (high FPS).

Currently, the FPS is too low and the duration too high.

However, I do like animations in general.

19. TheGreenBastard macrumors 6502

TheGreenBastard

If it's such a deal breaker then why don't you stop whining on a forum and actually give feedback to Apple? http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

:rolleyes:

20. watchthisspace macrumors 6502a

I know this is about iOS:7, but I feel in iOS:6 the transaction/transistion animations slow me down a lot which can be very annoying.

21. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

Com on man, don't be like that. That's what the forum is about.

22. AdamA9 macrumors 6502a

How do you know I've not already submitted this, along with a number of other reports using the correct bug tracker link?

23. TheGreenBastard macrumors 6502

TheGreenBastard

Telling people on a forum that something is a deal breaker instead of going to the company and letting them know animations are too long doesn't make one bit of sense.

If enough people give the same feedback, we might actually see change. I left feedback for the awful Phone and Messages app icon colors. Horrendous.

24. AdamA9 macrumors 6502a

What doesn't make one bit of sense is how you came to the assumption that I'm just where whining. I've reported this to Apple, along with a number of other issues I've encountered.

Now be a good lamb and jump down from your soapbox.

25. Brittany246, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013

Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

I don't think it's slow at all on my iPhone 5. It takes less than a second for each animation. I don't get why people think that extra fraction of a second is going to make a real difference. All of the transition animations in your day probably add up to 10 extra seconds.