Transaction animations in iOS poll

What do think about the new transcaction animations in iOS7?

• Total voters

MrGimper

macrumors 603
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Putting this out as a poll for a beta 1 release is as pointless as a chocolate fireguard. The animations are nowhere near optimised.

KenAFSPC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
Putting this out as a poll for a beta 1 release is as pointless as a chocolate fireguard. The animations are nowhere near optimised.
The animation lengths (a defined number of milliseconds in OS parameters) made it through dozens of internal betas.

Please don't confuse animation performance with animation length (which has nothing to do with performance). Everyone agrees that performance should improve between now and release.

TonyC28

macrumors 68000
Aug 15, 2009
USA
I gotta disagree with you here. It was talked about it another thread too. The animations seem to be working perfectly and as intended. The issue is are they too long by design. Personally it doesn't bother me all that much, but it is noticeable.

lancastor

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2011
In iOS5 there was a jailbreak tweak called "FakeClockUp". It had speeded up the core animations significant and the phone felt much more snappier.

I hope Apple is tweaking the delay little bit. Now the phone feels like back to iPhone 3G speed. Now I have to wait for the animation is finished, then I can continue my work.

VTECaddict

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2008
The new home screen animations are too slow. They need to be 1.5-2x the current speed. I find myself just waiting for the animation to finish so that I can tap on the next thing.

AdamA9

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2010
Absolutely detest them. It takes an age to come out of one app, minimise the folder, open a new folder and launch a new app.

I'm all about speed, this is irritating as hell. What's the point of having a speed bump phone (5s) if you're going to slow down performance by way of introducing slow animations.

If they're not removed or an option to remove by the final build it's a deal-breaker for me.

AdamA9

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2010
An age?? It takes less then a second on mine.
I've just timed leaving facebook and going into settings. It took my iPhone 5 almost 6 seconds to do this.

Leave facebook via home button
Minimise folder
Open new folder
Open settings

I'd love to see a video of your phone doing this quicker than 5 seconds.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
I've just timed leaving facebook and going into settings. It took my iPhone 5 almost 6 seconds to do this.

Minimise folder
Open new folder
Open settings

How about leaving Facebook out of the folder if its such a problem?

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Yet another thread on the new animations.

Personally i like then but some are quite slow, though i presume these will be sped up in later betas. Surely all the extra code in this first beta will slow down the system, animations etc.

BvizioN

macrumors 601
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK

Minimise folder
Open new folder
Open settings

I missundertood you, sorry. I thought you meant an action (like in our out of folder) and not a chain of actions together. Yes... on my iPhone 5 that's what it takes as well I jump from app to app mostly through app switcher and I don't do much in and out of folders.

AdamA9

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2010
How about leaving Facebook out of the folder if its such a problem?
Facebook was an example. I know this is the BETA and a lot can change. Was just voicing my opinion that unless they sort out the animation speed, it's a deal breaker for me.

What's the point of having folders if I have leave my important apps outside of them to access them quicker?

Fingers crossed this is fixed before the public release.

Feed Me

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Location Location
I think the animations will be sped up in the oncoming betas.

In iOS 6 you can bounce between apps like a maniac, but on iOS 7 you're forced to waltz through all these slow animations and side-scrolls to find and launch apps in the new multitasking switcher and home screen.

TC03

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2008
I don't like the choices the poll offers.

I like animations, but they should be fast (short duration) and smooth (high FPS).

Currently, the FPS is too low and the duration too high.

However, I do like animations in general.

TheGreenBastard

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2012
Halifax
Facebook was an example. I know this is the BETA and a lot can change. Was just voicing my opinion that unless they sort out the animation speed, it's a deal breaker for me.

What's the point of having folders if I have leave my important apps outside of them to access them quicker?

Fingers crossed this is fixed before the public release.
If it's such a deal breaker then why don't you stop whining on a forum and actually give feedback to Apple? http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

:rolleyes:

watchthisspace

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2010
I know this is about iOS:7, but I feel in iOS:6 the transaction/transistion animations slow me down a lot which can be very annoying.

TheGreenBastard

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2012
Halifax
Com on man, don't be like that. That's what the forum is about.
Telling people on a forum that something is a deal breaker instead of going to the company and letting them know animations are too long doesn't make one bit of sense.

If enough people give the same feedback, we might actually see change. I left feedback for the awful Phone and Messages app icon colors. Horrendous.

AdamA9

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2010
Telling people on a forum that something is a deal breaker instead of going to the company and letting them know animations are too long doesn't make one bit of sense.

If enough people give the same feedback, we might actually see change. I left feedback for the awful Phone and Messages app icon colors. Horrendous.
What doesn't make one bit of sense is how you came to the assumption that I'm just where whining. I've reported this to Apple, along with a number of other issues I've encountered.

Now be a good lamb and jump down from your soapbox.

Brittany246

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2013
In iOS5 there was a jailbreak tweak called "FakeClockUp". It had speeded up the core animations significant and the phone felt much more snappier.

I hope Apple is tweaking the delay little bit. Now the phone feels like back to iPhone 3G speed. Now I have to wait for the animation is finished, then I can continue my work.
I don't think it's slow at all on my iPhone 5. It takes less than a second for each animation. I don't get why people think that extra fraction of a second is going to make a real difference. All of the transition animations in your day probably add up to 10 extra seconds.

Last edited: