Transfer 4K from GoPro Hero4 to IPad Pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ariaizadi, Dec 30, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Ariaizadi macrumors regular

I'm transitioning my setup to exclusively working with my iPad pro and I was wondering if anyone out there know how I can transfer video done in 4K 30fps from my GoPro to my iPad, without any other device such as a MacBook Pro? Has anyone used the lightning adapter to SD?

2. MadeByApple macrumors member

I recently bought the lightening as card reader to transfer some files from my GoPro. None of the files were 4K, but I had over an hour of 1080p 60fps video and it took between 15- 20 minutes to transfer over. I was very surprised how quick it was.

3. msavic macrumors 6502

Couldn't you just use the GoPro App and transfer via WiFi?

4. MadeByApple macrumors member

For pictures and short clips that would be okay. But for longer clips and 4K, that wouldn't be reasonable - the transfer speed over wifi would be painfully slow.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If 1080p was in the 15-20 minute range wouldn't transferring 4k video with the lightning adapter to SD also fall under the painful category? I don't know how fast/slow it is pushing these videos to a computer, but 20 minutes is a long time.

6. Ariaizadi thread starter macrumors regular

Over wifi it won't even attempt to download a 4K video. It will tell me to shoot in 1080 30fps to be downloadable. Can someone tell me an average time it takes to download a 4K video from an sd to a Mac?

7. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

Here is an option http://www.leefco.com/iaccess . It has a lot of potential but their software is kind of buggy.