Transfering music to mac after windows

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by NewMacBookOwner, Apr 2, 2010.

1. NewMacBookOwner macrumors newbie

Ok, need some help. I have tried to figure this out. So, got an iTouch last year when I had a windows laptop, I got a macbook few weeks ago. How can i put the music from the touch on the mac. Ive been told that there really isn't a way to sync it without loosing all the music... im lost

2. Fabrice macrumors newbie

Hi, I had to do the opposite for a friend some times ago.
    The only way I found was to extract all music files with third party software (like iPhone Explorer), manually import the music to iTunes (manually recreating playlists and all), then sync the thing with iTunes.
    It works but nothing is automated here... Be sure to check your music before syncing...

-Fabrice

3. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

The correct way to do this in the first place is to move the music from the PC to the Macintosh. There are various ways: Use the "backup" feature in iTunes to make a backup of all your music, movies etc. on DVDs then import it on the Mac. If both machines are on the same network, publish your music folder on the PC, mount it on the Mac, then "Add to Library" in iTunes. And nowadays I think it is even a built-in feature in iTunes; it lets you import music directly from other running iTuneses (or whatever the plural of iTunes is :D ) on the same network.

If your PC is gone then google for "Senuti".

And yes, syncing _will_ delete all the music. Syncing means "put all the music from the computer onto the iPod and remove everything that was there before. First step is getting the music onto your Mac and into iTunes (Senuti will help you doing this), and then when iTunes shows all the music, _then_ you can sync it.

4. NewMacBookOwner thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

thanks for all the advice!! Im still so new at this so all the help i can get will be great hahaha