Resolved Transmit Alternative?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by camelia, Apr 11, 2019.

1. camelia macrumors 6502

camelia

2. iRaynor SK macrumors 6502

iRaynor SK

Im former Transmit user. I recommend Forklift 3. Developers offer a free trial version to test if it meets your needs.

3. Fuchal macrumors 68020

I've used Cyberduck for many years and I think it's great.

4. Stephen.R macrumors 65816

Stephen.R

I’m a recent convert (from transmit as it happens) but I agree. It’s not that transmit is bad, I just feel CyberDuck (particularly when paired with the companion/sister app MountainDuck) is better.

5. monokakata macrumors 68000

monokakata

Fetch has worked well for me for years. I can't compare it to any of the others, though.

6. allan.nyholm macrumors 6502a

allan.nyholm

I can get behind this solution - I'm also a ForkLift 3 user. So a big thumbs up for recommending it. I suggested it to @camelia in her other thread before seeing this one.

7. camelia thread starter macrumors 6502

camelia

Is Cyberduck a payware app?

Thank you, testing ForkLift 3

@TO ALL

What about Commander One by Eltima Software any good review? :eek:

Came

8. allan.nyholm, Apr 13, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2019

allan.nyholm macrumors 6502a

allan.nyholm

Commander One gets somewhat good reviews over on macupdate - I use this too from time to time when I feel for something else to look at - It has a few customize options, such as setting a Norton Commander style apperance for its listers. For whatever reason I do this. I have no connection to Norton Commander as I was using Directory Opus and DirWork on my computers. If you like to style your listers then Commander One could be one for you.
    I was going to suggest the free(in beta)Marta File Manager but I don't think it has any FTP capabilities.

Version 2.0 of Commander One is spoken of as being in development but Eltima Software writes in January to a commenter on MacUpdate that there are no exact release date for version 2.0 of Commander One. But if you can wait a while, I suggest looking out for that one. The current Commander One file manager doesn't have many troubles doing things - mostly the reviews are about the cluttered interface with no sidebar as ForkLift has. It's not like the options for file managers on the Mac is currently lacking. And a few also connects to FTP servers and whatnot. I mention this because of the earlier purchase of Transmit.

Edit: Also, Double Commander is a suggestion too(though the app is clearly not macOS in its apperance - it does open and operates) https://sourceforge.net/projects/doublecmd/

Though the entry by me might appear as a rant - it's just information from the top of my head.

9. allan.nyholm, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2019

allan.nyholm macrumors 6502a

allan.nyholm

Also, for a limited time, ForkLift 3 is 50% off its regular price - an ad displays in the top right corner. The Buy Now-button will display the discount. I got an e-mail about it prior to me going to the website.

10. superscape macrumors 6502a

superscape

11. BenTek21 macrumors newbie

My vote is for WebDrive. It has some pretty cool security features in the latest version that was recently released.

12. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68040

Ulenspiegel

+1 for Forklift which is a powerful app.

13. TonyK macrumors 65816

TonyK

CyberDuck here as well.

To answer the OP's question, it is $24 USD from the app store but still free for download from the developer's website.