Travel Log

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Huntn, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Just finishing up a circuit of the SE U.S.- Georgia, Virginia Beach, Williamsburg (highly recommended if you like US history), Northern, Va, West Va, and St. Charles (Mo) back to Texas. Longest drive so far 14 hours. Yes, I know this is not anywhere close to being a record. :p

I'd like to mention 5 Hour Energy... This stuff is amazing! I knew I'd start to get fatigued and drowsy on the long drive, so I took a chance. On the bottle (approx 1 ounce) it says "Take one half bottle for half energy, full bottle for full energy". I was drowsy, I had 4 hours left so I took half a swig. My eyes literally popped open and stayed that way for the next 4 hours. It has no more caffeine than a cup of coffee. I suffered no ill effects, no sugar crash, no head ache. So what was it's secret? And how safe is it? At this point, all I can say is that it worked immediately.

Ingredients

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That's good to know, as I potentially will be driving a lot this coming summer for our family vacation (driving to PA, and VA).

3. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

As I don't drink coffee, 5 Hour Energy is my daily morning cup.

Yes it has caffeine, but also has B Vitamins which give you an energy boost as well.

4. Huntn, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014

Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Not to sound critical, but it seems like relying on this daily would not be preferred. If you don't take it, can you function?

On a 12 hr drive, if I can get a 2 hr break, I'm good for the other 10 hours, while caffeinated. Also, about 5-8 pm, on Sirius Radio, I toon into Headline News and listen to the Murder Case Files. That helps keep me alert instead of music. :)

5. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

Oh yes I can function, I just like to function better. I'm a healthy and organic eater, and the ingredients in 5 hour energy aren't that bad for you.

Perhaps I should specify I only have one if I don't have time to exercise in the morning before an early meeting, which is a few times a week.....I'm not exactly a morning person.

6. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

St. Charles, MO? I grew up there, and much of my life is still there. What were you doing in St. Charles, if you don't mind me asking.

7. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Visiting relatives who live there. Stayed in a very nice Country Inn & Suites in the historic section.