Tray to hold Apple Wireless Keyboard + Magic Trackpad?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by aibo, Sep 13, 2010.

1. aibo macrumors 6502

Does anyone know of a tray that holds the Wireless Keyboard and Magic Trackpad together? I've got a Mac Mini in the living room (Plex setup), and controlling everything from the couch is messy and inconvenient having the trackpad detached from the keyboard.

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

3. aibo thread starter macrumors 6502

damn... I just hate to finish off my awesome, state of the art media center with duct tape. :cool:

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

u can probably just get a piece of aluminum, stick some double sided tape and place the 2 devices on there.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You could weld them together. Though, I'm pretty sure you'd only be able to tap-to-click after that.

6. 2contagious macrumors 6502a

2contagious

I bet that would look awesome, but it might also be a bit heavy depending on how thick that block of aluminum would be :rolleyes::D

7. fuzzywolf macrumors newbie

8. aibo thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, thanks for the link. I'm gonna pass on this one too, though. The wood doesn't fit with anything in my living room and does seem unnecessarily bulky. Hopefully there's a few more companies out there that will give it a shot.

9. mangrove macrumors 6502

I use mine the same way as the OP and use a plastic TV tray that sits on my lap. It measures about 12x18", weighs nothing. I can even use it with my mouse.

10. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Why don't you go get a peice of wood, route it out for the keyboard and trackpad? Then you will see why the tray that is linked above is so "unnecessarily bulky"

11. aibo thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess what i was trying to say is I don't want one made of wood. sure, it's probably bulky for the wood's structural integrity. I'd prefer something sleek — not duct tape, and not something I could have made in wood shop 10 years ago.

but thanks for the link, anyway.

12. gH0st macrumors newbie

i'm still waiting for mine.. ordered it here.. it's an aluminum and ergonomic...

http://www.bullettrain.com/express.html

13. ZGXtreme macrumors regular

ZGXtreme

That is certainly going on the "To-Buy" list once I move into my house and setup my office with a Cinema Display for my MBP. Thanks.

14. gH0st macrumors newbie

i am so excited to get mine.. i have a macbook pro too so i know how convenient and ergonomic this tray..

15. judgecrandall macrumors newbie

16. gH0st macrumors newbie

i barely got mine 3 days ago after waiting for it for more than a month...

Attached Files:

17. judgecrandall macrumors newbie

Awesome, looks great! How do you like it so far? I'd appreciate some initial thoughts or a review =).

18. gH0st macrumors newbie

it's pretty awesome compared to having the trackpad on the right side, but one thing i don't like. i dunno if its just me or what. but every time i type, the spacebar to be specific i keep on touching the trackpad with my palm without even knowing it(i look at the keyboard not monitor when i type) so the cursor gets messed up and my sentence end up unreadable..

i got a mbp too but this never happened to me.. probably its because this track pad is bigger than my mbp.. so i just try to lift my hands every time i type..

but all in all, i say i like it a lot.. a must have...

19. canesfan84 macrumors newbie

is it comfortable to use on your lap? in the video it looks like the track pad battery compartment section, since it inserts into the platform, juts out maybe causing you to push it out of place when resting it on your lap... true or untrue?

20. ASPURGE macrumors newbie

Magic Lapdesk

Check out http://www.magiclapdesk.com

I'm not in the business of spamming but I have started a company that makes lapdesks specifically for Apple peripherals. I came across this post and thought I would share my products with you all. I have two models right now and I intend to expand my line soon. The products are much lighter than the wood and aluminum versions, provide several more features and are half the price! Send me a message if you have any questions. I would be happy to answer them.

21. John T macrumors 68020

John T

I'm not in the market for one of these items. However, I would have thought your products were better value for money. In my opinion, the item referred to earlier in the thread is a complete rip-off at $99 :)

22. SeaLawyer macrumors newbie

That looks GREAT!! Good price too! Any plans to do a side-by-side for the track pad?

23. AnthonyCM macrumors regular

Yeah, put me down as another vote for side-by-side. I'd prefer that to a deeper desk that puts the track pad in front of the keyboard.

24. McRCN macrumors regular

Duct tape solves most problems! :D