TrendForce: 16-Inch MacBook Pro Will Hit Shelves This Fall

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 8, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple's rumored 16-inch MacBook Pro will be released in the third quarter, aka early fall, according to Taiwanese research firm TrendForce.

[​IMG]

An excerpt from TrendForce's press release on notebook market share:
    The report describes the notebook as a 16-inch MacBook, but this very likely refers to the 16-inch MacBook Pro, as all other reports have indicated.

TrendForce is at least the fifth source to claim that a 16-inch MacBook Pro is coming in the fall, alongside TF International Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, IHS Markit analyst Jeff Lin, DigiTimes, and the Economic Daily News, but reports have been conflicting about a September or October release month.

In the fall, Apple typically unveils new Macs in October. The company has hosted Mac- or iPad-centric media events in October in five of the past seven years, including 2016 and 2018, allowing it to focus on the iPhone, Apple Watch, and sometimes the Apple TV and accessories at its September event.

The 16-inch MacBook Pro will feature an all-new design, including a more reliable scissor mechanism keyboard, according to Ming-Chi Kuo. The notebook is also rumored to feature narrower bezels, perhaps allowing the 16-inch display to fit in a notebook with a similar physical size as the current 15-inch model.

Meanwhile, Jeff Lin believes the 16-inch MacBook Pro will feature a 3,072×1,920 resolution and be powered by Intel's 9th-generation Coffee Lake Refresh processors, suggesting the notebook will be configurable with up to an 8-core Core i9 processor in line with the latest 15-inch MacBook Pro.

Last year, Apple hosted its Mac and iPad Pro event on October 30, so we could be two to three months away from the 16-inch MacBook Pro reveal.

Article Link: TrendForce: 16-Inch MacBook Pro Will Hit Shelves This Fall

2. v0lume4 macrumors 68000

v0lume4

Here's to hoping for a return to the 2015-era MacBook Pros! Absolute perfection at the crossroads of design and utility.

3. Packdude macrumors member

Packdude

Here's hoping for a return to the scissor switch keyboard and a fond farewell to butterflies.

4. iPhysicist macrumors 65816

iPhysicist

Here's hoping for a return of reasonable priced and speced machines.

5. CarlJ macrumors 68030

CarlJ

6. jeremyschultz macrumors member

Son of a b*tch. I just bought a 15" MBP and have hardly used it, and it's past the return window.

7. satchmo macrumors 68020

Here's hoping to easy access for user-replaceable SSD, RAM and battery.

8. Hazmat401 macrumors regular

Hazmat401

Smdh..... I wish they hurry up. I’m supposed to but 1 this Saturday

9. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

Wow, a lot of rumors about this machine. The most "Mac rumors" I've heard since 2016. If they don't deliver on this I'm gonna freak out :eek:

10. yossi macrumors regular

Featuring three headphone jacks, and no USB-C.

(Headphone-to-USB_C adapter sold separately.)

11. ginkobiloba macrumors 6502

ginkobiloba

Let's hope it's not going to be a record-breaking price increase again. Looking forward to replace my maxed-out 2015 MBP 15".

12. wallysb01 macrumors 65816

3Q means by the end of September, that’s a bit earlier than other expectations. I guess this means we’d have to see an announcement in what has traditionally been an iPhone/iOS/macOS event in September.

13. redheeler macrumors 604

redheeler

Oh I'm sure it will be. Probably $2,999 to start with a hex-core i7, 256 GB SSD and 16 GB RAM...

14. JPack macrumors 601

JPack

Can't wait. We've been hearing about this product for 6 months now.

15. dannys1 macrumors 68020

dannys1

Oh god not this still. It's never happening - forget it.

16. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

Which makes sense, I think. It's a re-design, which warrants an event, but there isn't enough change for a Mac-only event (in 2016, the Touch Bar took up most of the event's time).

17. JetLaw macrumors regular

JetLaw

How far outside the window? You may want to try going to an Apple Store and pleading your case.

18. PortableLover macrumors 6502a

Biggest thing should be improved cooling. Id like replaceable ram and ssds but if that doesnt happen, it must have better cooling. Nvidia graphics would be nice as well. If it isnt replacing the 15 inch, but instead offering a more powerful version ( up to 64gb ecc ram) xeon e mobile processors. That could be great as a portable variant of the imac pro

19. eulslix macrumors regular

Enough with all those rumors!! My money is ready. Release that god damn thing, I wanna throw it at them!

20. TxExCxH macrumors regular

TxExCxH

You nailed it, that’s what I’m guessing it’s going to be.

21. Freida macrumors 68000

22. ondert macrumors 6502

ondert

Here is hoping for a return to thicker and properly cooled device.

23. otternonsense macrumors 65816

otternonsense

And will hit our wallets even harder. Pretty please, Apple, don't screw this up like last time.

24. zed macrumors 6502

Here's hoping for a matching monitor that is realistically priced (really don't want to have that ugly LG monitor on my desk)

25. NickName99 macrumors 6502

NickName99

I’m expecting overpriced SSD soldered to the motherboard, no butterfly keyboard, same performance as 15”. No physical function keys.

Pretty much a slightly bigger screen, different keyboard, higher price, that’s it.