Tri-tone alert - every night at 9PM

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ericg301, Aug 22, 2013.

1. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

Here's a weird issue.

For the last several days at exactly 9PM, the tri-tone alert sounds on my iPhone 5. No alerts on screen, nothing in notification center. I don't have that sound set for any default action. The phone stays asleep.

Thoughts?

2. Di4mondz macrumors regular

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Did you ever jailbreak your device (at any point in time)? Does it ring when the Mute is on?

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

You might need to check every item in your Notifications settings for "Sounds" whether NC is "On" for that item or not.

5. ericg301 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Guys this is driving me nuts. I've gone through my notifications of newly-installed apps and can't figure this out. Besides turning off all notifications for all apps, I'm not sure what else to do.

I can replicate it by manually changing the clock to 8:59 and waiting a minute...

No new calendar alerts, no new red circles, nothing...just the tritone. At 9PM. Every night.

6. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

Try turning off all notifications just to see if it is one of them first.

7. ericg301 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just tried a different test - I turned on DO NOT DISTURB, and set the clock to 8:59...

one minute later...ding! (or however you describe the tritone)

this has to be some sort of iOS bug or glitch. no app can bypass DNR.

so my choice are:

1. live with it until iOS7 comes out in a few weeks and hope it squashes this bug

2. do a restore and hope that squashes the bug

3. live with it.
    it really doesn't bother me that much...i find it more amusing than anything. it's only annoying once a day.

4. go visit a genius

thoughts?

8. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

You said you checked newly-added apps. Maybe some older app got an update, and is the culprit?

(Also, you probably already tried a full power-down, but that helps odd issues sometimes.)

9. ericg301 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah but I still get the alert - even with DO NOT DISTURB on. That tells me it's not an app, it's an OS issue.

10. ericg301 thread starter macrumors 6502a

11. ericg301 thread starter macrumors 6502a

This bug is back.

When I did a fresh install, no alert at 9.

Then I restored from iCloud, and it came back.

Happened with iOS 7 yesterday too.

12. danwass macrumors newbie

You did a complete restore, didn't fix it, then updated to a newer version of IOS and it STILL didn't fix? It sounds to me at this point that something it glitchy with the hardware. I'm also having issues with the new IOS. Won't connect to my computer with the USB or charge even though the computer makes the notification sound.

I hope you can figure out what is going on. But to me, it sounds like it's the device.:(