tried returning iPhone verizon, but verizon didnt let me....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by perezmarco, Feb 11, 2011.

1. perezmarco macrumors member

i preordered two verizon iphones on the 3rd. recieved one on the 7th, and the other on the 8th. I signed 2 contracts for the 2 lines, which are on a family share plan. I then decided i wanted to switch to AT&T since they have faster data speeds. I called customer service and the lady told me i couldnt return it at a corporate verizon store, but that i would have to ship it back. i then called again and a man told me i could return it with no problems. I then called my closest corporate verizon store to verify if i could, and they said yes, with no problems. I then drove, 30 minutes, to my closest verizon store, and tried returnig the phones... they told me i couldnt so i called customer service... a man told me he would call the store and fix it. he then tells me to go inside the store again and the the problem is fixed.. i go in and get denied again.. i then call again and got a $20 credit for the gas i spended. i also got my 2 $35 activations fees refunded since i tried to return the phones within 3 days.....
    so now I am stuck with verizon service til they recieve my iphones, which i will send tomorrow..... it takes 1-3 business days to ship, then 7-10 days to process... are u kidding me??? i will have to be paying my service , and by then the 14 days will pass so i can return my phone... this is bull !!!
    I am currently on the line with customer service on hold....

2. trozau macrumors regular

trozau

3. chinarider macrumors regular

Sorry you got different information from different folks - But it does seem that they tried to make it right with you.

Then again, you signed 2 contracts then changed your mind - And you are complaining that it takes 2 weeks for fix?

Slow down - Breathe - And post again when you have time, not while you are on the line with CS and looking to Rant.

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

In my experience verizon CS has always been horrible - but they are the only carrier that works in my house and there is no point getting any service or any carrier when it won't work in your house.

5. JustLeft macrumors 6502

I just cancelled 2 lines with Verizon. Why can't you port the numbers to another carrier or call them and cancel the lines? I purchased 2 Verizon iphones. One was ported back to AT&T and the other had service cancelled. Returning the phones is necessary to get refunded for the phone purchase. My Verizon service is done.

6. Vihzel macrumors 6502

What is your issue? You're returning the phones and canceling the service. I don't see what's wrong...

7. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

Can't you cancel service *before* sending the phones back? Even if you can't, you've got it documented that you're canceling... send the phones in and watch your credit card to make sure they've credited your account. No reason for the hysteria.

8. tjb1 macrumors 68000

You cant return items from phone/web orders to a store...they are completely different. You have to send them back as the woman first told you.

9. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

I've never had a problem doing this, I've done it a few times through Verizon. It could depend on the area though, different districts have different rules.

My question to the OP though, I don't understand why you decided on Verizon pretty much a day or two after you received the iPhones. From the information provided, you have been a Verizon wireless customer, which means you don't know what to expect from AT&T? So, I am assuming, since you were a customer before February 3rd that you didn't have complaints about their service...I just don't understand why now?

10. JustLeft macrumors 6502

Verizon says that you can return phone/web orders to a store. That said, I am fedex'ing mine back.

11. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Ive called them many times, web/phone is separate from the stores.

12. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

You are misinformed...got a Big Red netbook online and didn't like it and was refunded IN STORE, I think if you wanted an exchange they might make you ship it back

13. JASApplications macrumors 65816

14. Tito Georgie macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

This explains how long is Verizon waiting costumer service line lol that you was able to write all of this while you wait for your call to connect.

15. normwood macrumors 6502a

normwood

I agree that you go the run-a-round, but how about doing some research before you put a bunch of people to work to ship you a phone, sign you up for a contract and such just so a day later you can reverse the entire process because you changed your mind.

This cost companies money...which just makes it more expensive for the rest of us because they have to inflate their prices to account for the time and labor it takes to undo transactions for indecisive customers.

Look....then leap.

Steve

16. EvilEvil, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2011

EvilEvil macrumors 6502

EvilEvil

LOL you sound really impatient. Sounds like you buckled under AT&T fanboy pressure after seeing speedtest screenshots on MacRumors. Have you actually compared data speeds and call quality in your area first hand before returning?

17. perezmarco thread starter macrumors member

hey guys... i did get the phones returned to the store after all.... it took me al ong time !! i have the right to return the phones dont i? if i was not satisfied? no matter if i had em for a little bit of days...
    yeaah.. im really impatient lol... i dont know why..
    but i got rid of the phones which should have freed me of my contract and then ported the #'s to AT&T.. now im being charged -696.28.. lol.... they are charging me the ETF.. which is a mistake... damm... now today is going to be a long day on the phone with the reps...

18. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

That's impossible. We've been hearing for years how terrible AT&T is and how great things are going to be when the iPhone finally lands on Verizon.

19. perezmarco thread starter macrumors member

nvm guys... it was actually them that owe ME that amount. lol

20. LucasG macrumors regular

LucasG

And why in hell would you order two lines to cancel them before you even get them? Why don't you re-search before doing all the work and decide to cancel a few days after you almost got everything.

Seems stupid to me.

21. tucker3434 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

I had a signal with vzw inside Jordan hare on nov 13. I'd be willing to bet you couldn't get a call out.

22. Wolf-Tau macrumors newbie

I think you jumped the gun with Verizon. I have been with them for at least 8 years now. And I have had various problems and they took care of me. To tell you the truth they even tried to help out even when I was being unreasonable.

Trust me I wanted a iPhone for a long time but my coworkers and family members who had AT&T had so many problems, I did not switch from Verizon.

You had 30 days to try the iPhone so you could have given it more time.

Hopefully you find what your looking for
    :)

23. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Im misinformed or you had an exception? Exactly.

24. JustLeft macrumors 6502

It is now 14 days, not 30. Doesn't leave much time to evaluate, particularly if you happen to be having issues with the phone that they can't resolve.

25. fortunecookie macrumors regular

fortunecookie