Tried the 6+ at my nearby Apple store and here are my honest thoughts!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MusicEnthusiast, Sep 20, 2014.

1. MusicEnthusiast macrumors 6502

MusicEnthusiast

The new iPhone 6+ is downright gorgeous. Thin as heck, lightweight, ample screen space, and the back of the phone is aesthetically pleasing to me (even the antenna band).

I have read on multiple threads here that people have difficulty holding the phone comfortably in one hand. I had no real issues with my medium size hands and slightly longer than average fingers for a guy at 6'0". I had to do a little balancing with my index, middle, and ring finger supporting the back while my thumb was easily reachable to any corner of the 5.5" screen. Anyone else find this technique useful?

I got a small crowd near me as I whipped out my one year old galaxy s4 to compare cameras. And WOW, did the 6+ show true dominance on the back camera. The wood from the display tables showed truer color contrast on the 6+ over my s4's duller colors. I'm no photography enthusiast though, do let me know what you think of the camera and if you disagree with my thoughts.

Since others were patiently waiting to get their hands on the 6+, I only have a little more time to try the double-tap on the home button to activate the one-hand mode. Honestly, I didn't like it that much. I activated it in iMessage with the text box up, and as soon as I tapped twice, the text box went away. The black void on the top of the screen was not very attractive looking, either. I would love for there to be a widget that was customizable there to fill in the black space so it has some use.

Nonetheless, I have to wait till next year for the 6s+ for my upgrade eligibility. Can't wait to see what new improvements come to the new iPhone until then. Have fun with your new iPhones everyone! :)

2. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

I agree 6+ is superior. Those with the 6 will either do 1 of two things. Return it to trade it in for a 6+. OR, forever be envious of 6+'ers.

Its no comparison. The features the 6+ have over the regular 6, and the fact that there is way more screen to it. I don't understand. I truly don't. :confused:

3. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I'm just going to assume this was sarcasm.

4. leenak macrumors 68020

What? I think this forum needs to chill. I'm already having issues because the 6 is tad big. I know I'll adjust. I looked at the 6+ and thought 'that is a nice phone for people who want big phones but no way I'd get it'.

5. PaythePiper macrumors member

Sorry buckaroo, but mobility is more important than screen size for some. Big whoop the 6+ has Image stabilization and an extra hr of battery. Enjoy your phone, us 6 users will enjoy ours. Stop acting like android users please!

6. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

Why would you assume that. I am honest. I am one of the few who are openly explicit of how the 6+ is the superior phone, and I am not sugar coating it.

7. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

By your logic, everyone Android user should be walking around with a Note. Plain and simple, some people do not like very large phones, and one handed use is a requirement.

8. HXGuyAZ macrumors 6502

I did the opposite, had the 6+, tried using it for a full day as I normally would (at work, at home, in the car) and ended going to a 6 instead. It's not for everyone and it really depends on how you use your phone.

9. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I would assume that because no reasonable person would assume that everyone shares their priorities.

10. zbarvian macrumors 68010

There are bigger phones with more features and battery life than the 6+, those are better too then? Only when Apple goes big do people on here think bigger is better. You can use any arbitrary metric you want. Thinner is better, so 6 wins. Lighter is better, 6 again. Etc.

11. Will2145, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014

Will2145 macrumors 6502

Will2145

I do not like how you think, my friend. You think the 6+ is more superior, we get that, we all know it is. Some of us just can't handle the size of the phone. The 4.7 inch for me personally is perfect size which was the reason why I chose that over specs. No need for the "I told ya so" personality.

12. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Wow. There's a lot of sensitivity about the 6 Plus and the 6 Minus. Can't we all just get along?

13. Azzin macrumors 68040

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1783537

14. leenak macrumors 68020

You can call the 6 minus, doesn't bother me. My minus is a bit big for me but it has some things that I like about it.

15. dagored macrumors 65816

Don't you mean the 6 and 6XXL ?

16. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Well, it appears to bother you if you are replying. I'm sorry.

[​IMG]

17. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

:confused:

I guess something had to eventually replace the AT&T vs everyothercarrier debate. Verizon will never get the iPhone!!! CDMA is inferior! :rolleyes:

18. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Absolutely loony. No way I will be moving to the plus. It's way too big. Period. Luckily, we have options. No so luckily, we have to put up with sideways garbage like this.

19. leenak macrumors 68020

Maybe it bothers you, perhaps that is why you inflate it in every thread ;) I don't care what phone others get, I only care what phone I have. The plus isn't the phone for me. Nothing wrong with it.

20. Totally, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014

Totally macrumors 6502a

Totally

Why are people like you so apt to make anyone with anything other than a 6+ as someone that is obviously wrong or forever lying to themselves? Did you get the 6+ to compensate for something else being small? ;))) hehe

But really, who gives a damn whether someone uses an iPhone 6 or an iPhone 6+. iPhone 6 users aren't going to ever envy 6+ users. That may be the stupidest thing I've read all week. And iPhone 6+ users aren't gonna envy iPhone 6 users.

I use an iPhone 6 nano (iPhone 5S) and it's perfect size for me. I wouldn't trade it for a 6 or 6+ if someone offered. That doesn't mean I envy iPhone 6 or 6+ users forever. It means I have what I like. Unlike you, I can reach my whole phone screen with 1 hand and fit it in my pocket comfortably. And my phone is jailbroken and perfect in every way. I wouldn't trade it anything.

Go troll somewhere else.

21. ltb7 macrumors 6502

you can't really compare them as they are two seperate types of iPhones now....

heck, you can do what you want but they are so different, in fact i think apple should have not put a plus on the iPhone 6+, they should have used a different code such as iPhone 6 55 + iPhone 6 47 or something as it's hard to compare apples to apples when such a different size difference

22. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I'm glad you are happy with your choice. And I'm glad we have choices on size, screen resolution, battery life, camera features, and all that stuff. Choice is good. Glad you are happy with yours. I too am happy with mine. Happiness!