Triple display android concept phone - Garbage or great?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thesmoth, Jan 21, 2011.

1. thesmoth macrumors 6502

http://tablet-crunch.blogspot.com/2011/01/triple-display-android-based-concept.html

I think this phone is a really cool concept and a nice design, but it seems like a gimmick that wouldn't be practical to use and would most certainly never be implemented. It would seem more likely to me that some sort of a flexible display would be used, rather than 3 hinged solid displays. I would rather have the simplicity of something like the iPhone. I can't think of a single task that would be made much easier with 3 swivelling displays like that.

[​IMG]

2. thesmoth thread starter macrumors 6502

3. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Oh my.

I respect Android's diversity of hardware and all, but no...

Just no.

4. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Reminds me of back in fourth grade when all us boys drew pictures of rocketships with various mythical features. Except we didn't have powerful computer software to render them with.

If you like such things, concept-phones.com has a ton.

Courier was based on the Codex project which used dual UMPCs that talked to each other. Even much of the pen based software existed... and you can download some of it, like Inkseine.

5. thesmoth thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya I agree. People seem to eager to jump on board these wild concepts and say "this is the future".

6. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Why stop at three? Let's turn this into a Schick/Gillette razor competition and roll out with 4 and 5 blades.. I mean screens.

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

It's a silly concept but it does light up our view of the future a bit.

I hadn't really thought about it 'till now, but I bet that dual-touch-screen phones (both flip and slide) will be a big part of the future.

We've watched flip and slide phones suffer a slow death at the hands of touch-screen phones these past 4 years, but now I think we'll soon get to the point where they'll come back.

I had not considered that at all until I saw that video. So, yeah, it was an illuminating project.

But 3 screens? I doubt that will happen.

8. thesmoth thread starter macrumors 6502

It seems like maybe 1-2 screens using flexible screens would be more practical.