Trouble with CoN:Return to Arms (PS2)

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Huntn, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I recently purchased a used copy of Champions of Norrath: Return to Arms on PS2. When I try to load the game, the splash screen appears but nothing more. It appears that the game stalls. No menus appear. I have tried cleaning the disc, no help. Before I consider this disc a frisbee, is there anything I can try?

Thanks!

2. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Update- (woosh) there goes the frisbee! ;)

This game was sold as being in "good" condition. Because I purchased this game on Amazon, getting a refund was a breeze. I highly recommend Amazon as a source of used and new games. I've got another disk on order from a different vendor, fingers crossed.

I discovered two things-
    Some stores have a buffer that will resurface a game disk. I took mine to Game Crazy attached to a Hollywood Video, but in this case that did not correct the problem. This disk had a couple of short wide parallel scratches oriented perpendicular to the tracks that could not be removed.

One of the store employees told me for whatever reason, this game and the original Champions of Norrath is very susceptible to being disabled by scratches.