True iPod touch Results

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Megagator, Oct 5, 2010.

?

What happened to your iPod touch?

1. I kept it, nothing wrong!

51 vote(s)
    63.8%
  2. I kept it but it has problems.

17 vote(s)
    21.3%
  3. I returned it for another one, which is perfect!

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. I returned it for another one which has more problems.

7 vote(s)
    8.8%
  5. I returned it and won't buy another one.

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. Megagator macrumors regular

Megagator

I'm pretty sick of all the bickering about the iPod "problems". So vote in the poll and we can see a better picture of these accusations. For starters my iPod is perfect and couldn't be better.

2. supermassive macrumors regular

supermassive

Ok, now there is a poll. But I miss the choice: "I'm going to return it for another"

3. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

It's natural for people to come to forum to post their problem. And it's also natural for people who're absolutely love their toys to just sit & read. So live with it, I guess.

4. Megagator thread starter macrumors regular

Megagator

5. supermassive macrumors regular

supermassive

I didn't return it yet, but I will. There is no choice for that.

6. Megagator thread starter macrumors regular

Megagator

Then say you have, unless you're going to change your mind.:cool:

7. TorontoLRT macrumors 6502

Mine overheats, but I'm not a crybaby, so I kept it.

8. vanzantapple macrumors 6502

vanzantapple

I hope that is sarcasm. IF there is one reason to absolutely return the iPod it is overheating.

9. Tobster3 macrumors 6502

I do not have a single issue. It is fine and YES, I have inspected it at great length especially for light leakage. NO PROBLEMS and loving it. :)

10. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I have two.

Both have clicking in video.

Neither have light leaks or any other problems.

I'm keeping both, I think.

11. vanzantapple macrumors 6502

vanzantapple

Do you think that these problems/defects are imagined or fake? Should people who have problems be allowed to express them in this forum? Or is this forum only for FAN-BOYS to suck up to Steve Jobs. You know................ no matter how much money you give him, he's not gonna hug you, pat you on the back, kiss your cheek, or be your friend(you should thank me for keeping this PG).

I'm sure that if the poll doesn't suit you, that you will throw out the results and keep your current state of mind. So why even open a poll in the first place.

As for me, I am sick of all the Fan-boys crying when a forum member tells us of his problems with an Apple product.

My new iPT4 has light leaks around the volume buttons. It clicks when recorded video is played back. No matter how many Fan-boys make crazy threads like this, my defects won't go away and I won't shut up. Your love for Apple will NOT repair the light leaks of tons of iPT4s. Your admiration for Steve Jobs will NOT repair the clicking videos of mine and many many more iPods.

12. mchad macrumors member

+10 DKP!

13. Carouser macrumors 65816

If your iPod Touch doesn't work the way you expect, you should post to the forums and ask:
    (1) is this normal?
    (2) has anyone else experienced this?
    (3) is there anything I can do to fix it?
    (4) can I exchange it or get a refund?

Every post I've seen along those lines has gotten helpful feedback. If those defects won't go away, it's clear what your options are (post your problem for advice, get it fixed, or an exchange or refund).

This never happens, though. Usually some members take a problem with an Apple product and want to ascribe it to some theory about Steve Jobs's personality and Apple's duplicity. Respondents say "that's pretty speculative and irrelevant. Here's your options for what you can do" and then are accused of being crying fanboys who are defending Jobs.

Who are these people? I've never encountered them. I know it's easier to smear anyone who doesn't indulge you as a fanboy, but I'm here to discuss the specifics of Apple products and get information and give advice, not clap at people's self-righteous indignation.

14. skiltrip macrumors 68030

#2 unfortunately pulls in a lot of "mine is perfect, not sure what your problem is" kind of posts.

#4 can get into some gray area, and I think it prompts a lot of new posts. Most people know they CAN attempt and exchange/refund, but aren't sure it's worth their time or not. Or will actually put them in a better position then when they started.

For example, finding out definitively how widespread a problem is or isn't is very tough, but people try anyway. And that's through asking if anyone else has the problem, and has returned it, and what was the outcome.

Personally, I generally don't believe that any one specific "defect" or problem is a widespread thing, and I do think isolated reports of it get pooled up in a forum like this to make it seem like a much bigger problem then it is.

But I have two new touches, both with the same, identical clicking problem in video. If this defect or problem is in fact a rare thing, what are the chances I got both an 8GB and 32GB with the problem? This makes me skeptical that an exchange would get me anything but another clicking iPod. Maybe I'm wrong, but the exchange process at the Genius Bar is anything but simple, quick and easy. I went thru it with an iPod classic this summer. It took three separate trips to the Apple Store before I finally walked out with a replacement.

15. Espilon38 macrumors newbie

Define "overheating". My iPod gets hot when playing graphic intensive games, (NOVA, Assassin's Creed, etc.), but does that count as overheating? When I think overheating, I think getting hot to point where it no longer functions...

16. Link2999 macrumors 6502

Heats up when doing nothing. (Home screen with no background applications)

17. pika2000 macrumors 68030

Just got mine from Amazon, CC. Minor light leak on the down volume button and on the lower left corner (I had to actually do a visual inspection three times to notice that one). If I hadn't read anything on this forum, I wouldn't have know they are there. :D I'm planning to keep this for now.

18. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Any clicking while recording Video or a voice memo while on Wifi?

19. pika2000 macrumors 68030

Haven't tried those yet. Will do later. :) Do you know what kind of "clicking" noise I should expect though?

20. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

No light leaks.
    clicking sound during recording video (airplane mode reduces/eliminates the sound).

I'm keeping mine since I believe that a future firmware update will address the issue.

21. pika2000 macrumors 68030

What does it sound like? I'm asking so I would know what to look(hear) for.

22. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

It sounds like... clicking. Technically you don't hear the clicking when you are recording, but on playback you will hear a distinct clicking sound that got recorded.

23. tubemonkey macrumors 6502

tubemonkey

That's nothing. Mine has some rather large light leaks along the edge and oozes green slime every time an asteroid gets within 500,000 km of the earth. I suspect it's some form of alien intelligence out to steal Apple's patents on its universally acclaimed rear facing 0.7MP cam.

Not sure who to return it to - Apple or NASA?

24. TorontoLRT macrumors 6502

It's not burn-you-to-death overheating, just hurts-your-hand-to-hold-after-awhile overheating.

WTF? Do you think I'm lying or something?

25. tubemonkey macrumors 6502

tubemonkey

No. Can't you take a bit of humor? :D