Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

varun14

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 9, 2010
Does the iP6+ allow us to have two apps displayed on-screen at the same time? As someone who will be getting mine on launch day (lol, had to throw that in there since I'm so excited), I'm hoping that iOS8 will finally allow us to split screen apps. We finally have enough screen real estate to do that. No more excuses apple!

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013
The sort of multi-tasking being spoken off is not far away in my opinion. They will probably have it exclusively for the 6+ and would roll out a comprehensive true multi-tasking system that works with most of the apps. IOS9 could bring it in and I think they will have a different approach to Lenovo or Samsung..

varun14

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 9, 2010
The sort of multi-tasking being spoken off is not far away in my opinion. They will probably have it exclusively for the 6+ and would roll out a comprehensive true multi-tasking system that works with most of the apps. IOS9 could bring it in and I think they will have a different approach to Lenovo or Samsung..

My only concern is whether this sort of feature is held for iOS9 and will only be exclusive to the 6S/6S+ whatever you want to call the next iPhone.

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
Does the iP6+ allow us to have two apps displayed on-screen at the same time? As someone who will be getting mine on launch day (lol, had to throw that in there since I'm so excited), I'm hoping that iOS8 will finally allow us to split screen apps. We finally have enough screen real estate to do that. No more excuses apple!

I think the next iPad may have that capability.

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013
My only concern is whether this sort of feature is held for iOS9 and will only be exclusive to the 6S/6S+ whatever you want to call the next iPhone.

They'll still roll it out onto the 6+ imho and not restrict it to just a new 6S+. This is apple's first attempt at a phablet, there was little point in introducing to multitasking or apps running side by side on an iPhone, and there was really nothing to suggest that it was something that the iPad required for the type of usage the iPad had been getting (Despite of not having the sort of Samsung tab like multi-tasking the iPad commands a 90+% marketshare in the enterprise business segment).

I think the next iPad may have that capability.

Could be although that would mean that they would have to roll this out before the year end, and I am not sure if IOS8 is mature to roll this increment out although i vaguely remember rumors from the WWDC time-frame claiming that multitasking (side by side apps) wasn't yet mature enough. I fully expect the 6+ to be a multi-tasking device in the medium term but we must keep in mind that its apple's first phablet :).

http://www.cnet.com/news/apples-ios-8-side-by-side-multitasking-not-yet-ready-report/

Ayr

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2014
How many Apps can you have running on the 5S? (not on same screen)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.