Trying to be a better person

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mbpkid, Nov 11, 2016.

1. mbpkid macrumors member

Hey everyone

My friend and I made a video about trying to be better people and self improvement

Recorded on iPhone 7 plus

What do you guys think ? :D

We are going to make videos every time we hang out

Enjoy!

2. allan.nyholm macrumors 6502a

allan.nyholm

I like the idea of self improvement - being better people.

Where does the idea of carrying a rock come in? I get that it's partly endurance. Could you elaborate a little?

I could not quite hear everything said in the video due to the wind.

3. Tech198 macrumors G4

ya , i didn't quite get the carrying a rock idea either

Sounds like a good idea. Self improvement is good, but why should u constantly try and achieve ? Yes, try, but if u know u cannot, what's wrong with just doing the best u can? whatever the outcome.

Why can't we just be happy in our lives for what we see it as ? Isn't that what counts more ? others may not see it like that, but it's not their lives your living.. It's *your's*

4. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Here is my well meaning critique.

• A more focused message. Spend more time in advance thinking about what you want to say before filming it.
    • Being able to carry a rock like you were carrying was not that hard was it? It might be symbolic of self improvement, but seems to be more symbolic of dedication, but is not necessarily related to becoming a better person, depending on how you define being a better person (important point for message).
    • You spoke of self discipline in the video I'm not sure if not eating at the restaurants mentioned was because it's unhealthy or it's spending unnecessary money or both.
    • Carrying a rock in itself is not that hard as what is required to be a good person, or a success in life, so it's important that a focused message compliment the symbology.
    • Consider production values, wind detracts especially when it's hard to understand what is being said.