Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wnxgenral

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2008
Anyone else have this problem? i am trying to download Windows 7 but it just sits at that loading screen and won't go past.... any ideas?

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
Try Firefox. There's something Safari doesn't like (or vice-versa). I had the same problem.

btw: it installed fine in Parallels 4, with the exception of audio. I needed to go get the RealTek driver (using its own installer) to get audio up.

I haven't used it for much. Just more of a morbid curiosity, than a need. I also wanted to check out some of the crazy things mentioned in Cult of Mac's short review.

The interface is less gaudy than Vista, and it seems a bit easier to get around - so it's an improvement over Vista in those regards. Still, not as "easy" as XP, but overall an improvement, I suppose. I'm leaning toward some reviewers opinion's saying 'it's what Vista was meant to be'.

However, Win7 takes a giant step back...., well - into the Twilight Zone, for the missing MENUS. My first impression is one of another change done for change's sake. I'll be spending a bit more time playing with Win7, and get a better feel for what they were thinking. But, I suspect when my brain starts to wrap around those ideas, it will want a stiff drink.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.