Trying to take screenshot

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ericsvizeny, May 2, 2011.

1. ericsvizeny macrumors newbie

I'm trying to take a screenshot using "command + shift + 4 + spacebar" and I hear the shutter sound, but no image on the desktop, nothing in the clipboard either. If I do any other type of screenshot it works perfectly though. Any ideas? :confused:

Eric

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Cmd-shift-4 should give you a cursor to drag over the area you want to capture. When you release, it will capture that area. The space bar automatically confines the capture to the window the camera is over.

When you hit the space bar, you should see a camera icon. Place that over the window you wish to capture, and single-click.

3. ericsvizeny thread starter macrumors newbie

I know that, I see the camera when I hit the spacebar. Because that is what I want to do. So, I snap the picture and hear the shutter...but can't find the file?

4. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

You want Command+Shift+3

EDIT: Ignore this, I need to learn to read before posting >_< .

5. ericsvizeny thread starter macrumors newbie

No, that is not what I want. I want to be able take a picture of a specific window. I know how to do it. But it is not showing up on the desktop...

Eric

6. ericsvizeny thread starter macrumors newbie

I figured it out, I have an external monitor plugged in. I unplugged it and it worked like a charm! Thanks for your help everyone!

Eric