Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stocklen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
Hi all

Kindof as the title says.

Since updating to the latest TVOS, the 'most recent' or left-most item in my up next is a real mess with the titles of the old items that were there before.

Hope that makes sense.

Ive tried quitting the TV app and that fixes the issue until something 'new' appears in position 1 and then its text description is overlayed on top of what was last there.

This came as part of the horrible update that moved the up next list down below the intrusive ads.

Worth noting during this issue I have upgraded to a new 2022 AppleTV 4k - and the problem has followed me from one box to the next.

Anyone else seen this?

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
Everyone has seen this, it’ll more than likely be resolved in the next update.
Well at least the text issue will be anyway.

Reactions: chabig

stocklen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
Everyone has seen this, it’ll more than likely be resolved in the next update.
Well at least the text issue will be anyway.T
Thank you

Everyone? Im pleased you can speak for everyone then and im glad to know im not in the minority then.

Ive not seen it talked about anywhere - no threads etc and I did look.

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
Thank you

Everyone? Im pleased you can speak for everyone then and im glad to know im not in the minority then.

Ive not seen it talked about anywhere - no threads etc and I did look.
Yeah everyone who’s on tvOS 16.2, there’s plenty of talk about it on Reddit and some discussion at AVForums.
F9B41458-CEC1-453A-B28E-32F541A8538B.jpeg

You do of course have an alternative and just use Up Next via the main Homescreen and that way you don’t even have to open the TV app and see it.
A7E1C173-00D7-4E09-9AC4-B12276F822BE.jpeg

Last edited:

stocklen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
Yeah everyone who’s on tvOS 16.2, there’s plenty of talk about it on Reddit and some discussion at AVForums.
View attachment 2138910

You do of course have an alternative and just use Up Next via the main Homescreen and that way you don’t even have to open the TV app and see it.
View attachment 2138911
Thank you

Thats the exact same issue.

Apple's QA testing seems a bit suspect of late doesnt it.......

This is hardly a 'hidden' bug! Im very surprised they released it like this.

For this very reason I stick to the top shelf up next as you demonstrated in your second pic - removes the frustration of the garbled text.

stocklen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
Absolutely gobsmacked to find today that after updating to TVos 16.3.... it's NOT fixed??

I mean, if its happening to all of us how on earth haven't Apple noticed it and fixed it?

This is hardly an obscure hard to find bug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.