TV English Premium App

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by NashMan2, Apr 23, 2012.

1. NashMan2 macrumors regular

I'm reading this app is a scam, but for now it is streaming live BBC and itV programming from England. Other British networks as well. Warning - Some listed channels aren't working.
    This seems to good to last, for $.99.

Anyone know anything about it?

2. 808? macrumors 6502a

As the saying goes: If it seems to good to be true, then generally is.

3. nfl46 macrumors 603

Well, I got the app when most didn't know about it...the HD channels were working then, but now since more people have downloaded it, they replaced the HD channels with Ads. All of the non-hd channels works for me. I was watching "Day of the Dead" yesterday on my iPad and the quality wasn't half bad. The channels with the name of the show showing underneath them generally works fine.

4. bollyboy macrumors regular

5. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I thought it was a scam at first as well. It seems the UK channels work fine, while the US channels are iffy. For 99 cents, it's not half bad. Now I'm just waiting for it to be pulled and Apple to refund the .99.

6. NashMan2 thread starter macrumors regular

The app will not open now and seemingly isn't in the app store either. Hopefully Apple will refund the $.99. How hard is it for Apple to check apps out before releasing them.
    This seemed way too good to be true.

Maybe this will give some incentive to the BBC to release their iplayer in the US market.

7. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Yep, it has been pulled. If Apple doesn't send a refund, I'll request one from them.

I'd assume not every Apple App Store reviewer knows the in and out of apps. We've seen tether apps, Pokemon rip-offs and now a TV app. Hell, Apple has even released one of their own internal apps before with GameStore. Stuff gets through and Apple is usually quick to remove the app. This probably would have been removed sooner but it was released on a Sunday.

8. qnssekr macrumors member

TV English Premium App

I download this app yesterday and it was working fine. Today the app just crashes. I notice in iTunes app store the same person released a German version of this app.http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tv-deutsch-premium/id507997133?mt=8
    I would download it but my heart would break knowing I could only use this for a day or two.

9. LxHunter macrumors 6502

App died this morning.
    App pulled from app store.
    Apple gave me a refund $0.99
    Darn, now I need to find a source for UK TV

10. Tookay macrumors newbie

TV Engish Premium was indeed pulled. I was foolish enough to pay and install it, and Apple has not yet provided me with a refund. Interestingly, the same developer, Shahla Ghrhcori, still has another similar app for sale at App Store called TV Deutsch Premium, which similarly provides premium TV services (in German). Guess Apple didn't ban the developer, or maybe they haven't noticed. Reviews for the German version show the same problems as the English version, with Channels not loading or having no content other than a Futubox advert.

11. NashMan2 thread starter macrumors regular

The quick success of this app hopefully will inspire a developer to get an app out that provides access to British networks (BBC, itv), for a fee obviously.
    These networks leave money on the table by not working in this direction.

And I know the BBC is moving in this route, but why the delay?

12. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

How to get a refund?

13. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Why would anyone pay money to watch EastEnders :p

14. NashMan2 thread starter macrumors regular

I was hooked for the several years that BBC America played the show. BBC America is much less BBC than it used to be.:(

15. Ipadfever macrumors 6502

Ipadfever

That was a pretty damn good app and now it's gone. I want my money back but better yet I want the app back

16. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

It doesn't work outside the UK I don't think. I have it on my iPad and tried it recently in the US. Nothing happens when you select a channel to watch.

17. britincan macrumors member

It seems to be all back up and running. Currently watching The Apprentice in Ontario on BBC1.

18. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Have you seen the thread about iOSLiveTV.com? Same thing, just completely free.

19. Shubzinator macrumors newbie

Just to let everyone know that the app has gone off the app store, but doesn't mean you can't get it off Installous.

I got it off Installous, and have been using it since. Infact I'm watching everybody loves Raymond on channel 4 as I write this reply.

People if you have jail broken devices get it off Installous and stop whining like you dont know what's going on.

Got admit during some times some of the channels especially hd ones can go off for a while but come back up after a while.

They all do work though.

Best app I have used till this date.

20. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I bought it from the app store and initially alot of the channels were running an ad for some rubbish, now almost all the channels work. Damn good quality too.

21. NashMan2 thread starter macrumors regular

The app has finally stopped working for me as of yesterday afternoon.

The ioslivetv.com site seems to be gone too.

Bummer:(

22. Ianjo macrumors newbie

Yep no worky-worky. Craptappulous. Got it to work a few times last month then lately - nada. Get your money back if you can.

23. Trapped Wind macrumors member

I'm totally bummed this has stopped working. Does anybody know of a replacement? This app produced the best two weeks of TV I've watched in years and the entire idea of going back to US Chimp TV is making me cringe.

24. CandyNJ66 macrumors regular

Yep, I will be requesting a refund. Was great while it lasted :(

25. Trapped Wind macrumors member

Well, I hope the BBC realizes how badly we need good TV here in the US. 'Hillbilly Handfishing' and 'Swamp People' aren't cutting it.