tvOS 10 Beta and HDMI-CEC

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by ECJ, Jun 28, 2016.

1. ECJ macrumors 6502

ECJ

Just a FYI. I finally installed tvOS 10 Beta, and HDMI-CEC is working much better than before between devices. My setup is a Sony 4K receiver, a Vizio TV and the AppleTV 4 Gen. With the sleep function enabled, after the preset time passes it shuts off the receiver and TV, after no activity. With the press of the ATV remote, all the devices turn on. On 9.2 it never worked that well. So as a cord cutter and the ATV as my only media device, I only need one remote now.

2. rolsskk macrumors 6502

Good to hear! For some reason, my ATV would turn everything on appropriately, but would never finish telling my receiver that it was there so it would have audio set for the ATV input.

3. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

4. priitv8 macrumors 68020

Same holds true for Sony Bravia TV-s. I'd appreciate, if someone with a Bravia could also report back if things have improved or not.
    OP - did your Sony AVR have any problems with aTV 4 prior to tvOS update to beta?

5. ECJ thread starter macrumors 6502

ECJ

I keep my Sony AVR in standby mode, so when it will wake on any audio or video activity. With the prior OS, my Sony AVR would go to sleep at random times while I'm watching TV. Or it would shut off and then back on, and then not have audio when it came back out of standby. Those issues are gone for me.

6. priitv8 macrumors 68020

Thanks for sharing this! Sounds really promising.