General Tweak to enable 3rd party lightning cables?

honam1021

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
I just got scammed on eBay with a aftermarket lightning cable that won't work with ios 7

Since ios 7 is now jailbroken, is there a tweak to disable cable verification (can be done with a patched driver like siriport?) so I don't have to attempt to ask for a refund?

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
This will be a good one to follow. Once A7 support is there this tweak alone will save soooo much $$$$ :)

maijedb

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2014
It's not just eBay it's all 3rd party chargers I got one from RadioShack it's doing the same thing.

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA
I thought ios7 just displayed a warning every time you connected?

If that's all you're trying to get around it's supposed to be fixed by NoAnnoyance on the repo http://repo.pnre.co.vu/

MSSZM

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2013
try this
add this source
"http://parrotgeek.net/repo"
and install "Unauthorized Lightning Cable Enabler"
respring and try the cables again

copied

rhythmcontrol

macrumors regular
May 16, 2009
Desert hot springs, ca
Yea I already installed that repo and it still not working. I'm using a power bank charger case which is also unofficial cable. Because the unofficial prompt comes up. That's why I'm wondering if anyone else with a A7 chip device is having issues too.

----------

Added no annoyance and still pops up. Also no themes are working. Seems winterboard is just not working itself either.

Irvin38a

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2013
I have no annoyance and unofficial lighting cable enabler installed and my unofficial leads now appear to be working with my 5S.

I did a full charge (9%-100%) last night and no warnings or anything.

Prior to jailbreak they would just stop charging after 2 minutes.

rhythmcontrol

macrumors regular
May 16, 2009
Desert hot springs, ca
That's so strange I wonder what's wrong with mine.

Winterboard: no themes or tweaks work seems to install fine and when I respring it doesn't work

Unofficial lightning/noannoyance: installed and respringed and still warning comes up and does not charge. Left power bank connected and battery keeps draining.

Please help total noob here

hgrimberg

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2012
So, do you have to have both no annoyance and unofficial lighting cable enabler installed in order to make it work or with just the latter is fine?

marvel2

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2007
I'd like to know too. I'm using the a female to male lightning extension cable and it works sometimes....and sometimes I get the accessory warning message.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.